Recommended Shunyata PC for ARC CD9

andski

Dec 19, 2015
Hi guys,
wonder if you could recommend Shunyata PC for CD9, I have all ARC setup ref 150, Ref 5SE and Cd9 and in the process of replacing all power cables with Shunyata, i think Sigma is out of my price range but Alpha Zitron would be great, but which one since cd9 is tube do you think Alpha analog maybe better match than Alpha digital? or perhaps some of older PC like Anaconda would be ok ? your help will be much appreciated.
Regards,
Andrew

My system:
ARC REF 150
ARC REF 5SE
ARC CD 9
Shunyata Venom PS8
Shunyata Venom 3(CD9)
Shunyata Anaconda Zitron speaker cable
Interconnects PSC Stella XLR
Shunyata Venom HCx2 (150&5SE) hopefully future upgrade to Alpha Zitron range

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Hi guys,
wonder if you could recommend Shunyata PC for CD9, I have all ARC setup ref 150, Ref 5SE and Cd9 and in the process of replacing all power cables with Shunyata, i think Sigma is out of my price range but Alpha Zitron would be great, but which one since cd9 is tube do you think Alpha analog maybe better match than Alpha digital? or perhaps some of older PC like Anaconda would be ok ? your help will be much appreciated.
Regards,
Andrew

My system:
ARC REF 150
ARC REF 5SE
ARC CD 9
Shunyata Venom PS8
Shunyata Venom 3(CD9)
Shunyata Anaconda Zitron speaker cable
Interconnects PSC Stella XLR
Shunyata Venom HCx2 (150&5SE) hopefully future upgrade to Alpha Zitron range

If the Sigma's are out of your range...I'd try to find a Anaconda Zitron (first choice) or even a King Cobra CX/Anaconda CX. You have some nice components...Shunyata's top of the line, even a generation back, are killer good...especially on your source. And to your question, I have a Sigma Analog on my DAC and love it. DACs are tweener components...they both work great I suspect...but given the analog section, I opted for a Analog vs Digital version...

A used Anaconda Zitron is a big step up for you on your CD9.

Also, what's feeding your PS8? You might might want a 20amp Anaconda Zitron there first...

I'm highly impressed with my Shunyata cords and conditioners...

andski

Dec 19, 2015
thank you jfrech,
I wonder how new Alpha zitron PC compares with Anaconda ztron, price wise they about same now as you can find used Anaconda ztron on the market. I definitely need one of them to go between my PS8 and outlet at this moment I use very old PS audio cord very first type they ever sold.
I think Anaconda is larger gauge conductor compare to Alpha ztron so thats good right? Ideally I would like to upgrade all PC in my system which is all ARC I was thinking Alpha HC for PS8, ref 150 and ref 5SE and alpha analog for Cd9/6 but now that you mention Anaconda zitron wonder if that is way to go :))
By the way your system is incredible:))

Last edited:

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
thank you jfrech,
I wonder how new Alpha zitron PC compares with Anaconda ztron, price wise they about same now as you can find used Anaconda ztron on the market. I definitely need one of them to go between my PS8 and outlet at this moment I use very old PS audio cord very first type they ever sold.
I think Anaconda is larger gauge conductor compare to Alpha ztron so thats good right? Ideally I would like to upgrade all PC in my system which is all ARC I was thinking Alpha HC for PS8, ref 150 and ref 5SE and alpha analog for Cd9/6 but now that you mention Anaconda zitron wonder if that is way to go :))
By the way your system is incredible:))

Thank you, I bet your ARC based system sounds fantastic too. I have not heard a Alpha...so I can't comment on that. A lot of Shunyata conditioners use the Anaconda Zitron from the conditioner to the wall. I use a Anaconda Zitron to my DPC-6 and a Sigma HC to my Triton v2. My Typhon also uses a Anaconda Zitron umbilical....Honestly, I don't think anything will beat this in the Shunyata set up except the Sigma versions...but again, I haven't heard the Alpha...

All the best to you

andski

Dec 19, 2015
Many thanks for your input , very helpful :)
Andrew

andski

Dec 19, 2015
Just a quick update few changes to my system, replaced my PS8 with Triton V1 & Typhon combo and decided to stay with CD6, it has been only few days and already can hear improvement in bottom end, sound stage is much bigger and more air around instruments so far very positive changes:) but need advise on which PC within Alpha range is best for CD6 (solid state version of CD9) HC vs Digital vs Analog hoping that some of you guys did try to compare them, unfortunately I have no way to try them in OZ :( my amp Ref 150 is connected to the wall with Alpha HC and Ref 5SE to T/T also with Alpha HC. Logical step would be in Digital version direction?
Thank you in advance for your advise.

andski

Dec 19, 2015
Thanks mate:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing