AXPONA 2016: Taking requests

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hey you all :).

I have booked my trip for AXPONA. This is my first year going there. As before, I am creating this thread to see what specific products/companies members want me to look at.

I am also looking forward to meeting anyone who is going there in person. I promise, I am better looking than in my pictures. :D

Love to also organize a dinner especially if someone knows of good restaurants nearby.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That would be great. Speaking of VIP pass, I went to get one but it would not offer me one. I think the moment I put my company name, it decided to give me an industry badge and not let me upgrade to VIP. Also, after registration I did not see any confirmation email. Did you get one?

Audio Addict

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2016
Central Illinois
I believe it did but I did the reservation back in December I think.

You can drop an email to:

Liz Miller <liz@jdevents.com>
Liz Miller
Event Director
AXPONA
www.axpona.com
203-416-1925

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
My wife and I will be attending Friday and will be dining with our VSA audio circle pals that night..

sleepysurf

Sep 8, 2010
How about a follow-up listen to the ML Renaissance 15A?

TitaniumTroy

Jan 11, 2011
South Bend IN
I would like to hear your opinions on Vapor Audio, their Perfect Storm speaker was my favorite of last years show. I will be driving up from South Bend for all 3 nights, so hope to meet the man in person. I sent you a PM with my info, I did get a VIP pass also. My top 4 room picks are Vapor Audio, MBL (if it's not the Radialstahler model I'm not interested) Swan Audio, YG Acoustics. I didn't see the VSA room # on the list to chose from, otherwise they would have made my list.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I would like to hear your opinions on Vapor Audio, their Perfect Storm speaker was my favorite of last years show. I will be driving up from South Bend for all 3 nights, so hope to meet the man in person. I sent you a PM with my info, I did get a VIP pass also. My top 4 room picks are Vapor Audio, MBL (if it's not the Radialstahler model I'm not interested) Swan Audio, YG Acoustics. I didn't see the VSA room # on the list to chose from, otherwise they would have made my list.

I'll be stopping by that room for sure. Ryan used one of my amps in a review with the Perfect Storm, so the least to say is I'm curious. I appreciate the direction Vapor is headed and hope for growth into a more mature company.

Last edited:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Good deal! I will be wearing so it will be easy to find me:

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Good deal! I will be wearing so it will be easy to find me:

..thanks for the heads up...dinner is out of the question

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Did you change your name to O'Mir? :D

We'll be in room 554, debuting Duke LeJeune's new AudioKinesis Bienville Suite loudspeaker system and the Resonessence Labs Veritas DAC. The DAC is the first to use the new ESS ES9028Pro SABRE DAC chip. $2850. Fed from an Aurender music server, and we'll also have the new Aurender A10 in the system. We'll be playing CDs (AMR) and vinyl (Kuzma) as well.

Other rooms showing products I represent:
Room 422 - Bricasti Design
I just received my M1 DAC upgraded to the SE version, and it is the first unit in which they included the SyncWide / SyncFine selection, which is in version 1.32 of the software. Major.

Room 430 - Ryan Speakers
They will be showing the R630 floorstanders, and a pair of R630s will be in the Auralic system in room 304.
The R610 monitors arrived last week and are now broken in. One of the pairs of R630s will be here after the show.

Here is our 2-page spread in the show guide:
e1628699-6e6f-4e77-90e1-19529fd98cfc.jpg

Last edited:

skolis

Mar 10, 2015
I didn't see the VSA room # on the list to chose from, otherwise they would have made my list.

From VSA

"these systems which will be on display in the Burton Room hosted by our local dealer Blue Smoke Entertainment Systems.

Blue Smoke Entertainment Systems – Black Box Ultimate
MSB – Diamond DAC-V
VAC – Master Line Stage Pre-Amplifier
VAC – Signature IQ 200 Amplifiers
Von Schweikert Audio – VR-55 Aktive
Von Schweikert Audio – V-12XS Shockwave

CABLES
MasterBuilt Audio – Ultra Speaker Cables, Interconnects, AES, USB and Power Cords.
MasterBuilt Audio – Signature and Reference Power Cords."

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I'll be at the show, much of my time will be helping run the Scaena loudspeaker room, which will be in the lobby-level Division room. Would love to meet any and all.

Will also be tweeting short bursts on other rooms via @outreachav

-- Robert Learner

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing