Rowland 925 amp

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
Could you post some links to these European articles that talk about Rowland M925 mono amp?

It is unlikely that anyone has heard M925 yet, because the amp has not been released. Static chassis were on display at RMAF last month, But no music yet.

On the other hand, if M925 mono turns out to be consistent with the sound and music I have heard from the M625 stereo at RMAF last month, we may be in for a treat.

G

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Guido, oops should have said 'word of mouth' in Europe:eek:. Anyhow,I was at a dealer in London a few weeks ago who was telling me that these amps will be Jeff's crowning glory. Supposed to be a BIG step up from the model 9's etc.

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
I have already preordered my M925 monos... I'm as anxious as anyone else to discover how the amps sound.

Guido

BrazCole

Aug 29, 2010
Guido, hello my friend

So you have heard the M625.
Luck guy!

For what I could understand in your post the M625 produces a beautiful sound.

Could you say its sound is better than the Model 312?

Take care, man.

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
Hi Isvaldo, yes I have heard the M625 for quite a while in October. The amp replaced a pair of recent production M301 monos that were initially in the system (I believe these were Jeff Rowland's own private pair). M625 had initially 4 hours of music on it.... but Sunday it had perhaps 48 hours of music. The sound of M625 kept developing rapidly throughout the show. Very quickly it exceed the M301 in extension, sweetness of treble, depth of bass, overall harmonic exposure, ease of listening, and solidity/proportions of staging/imaging. Interestingly, the overall size of the stage was not much smaller than what was generated by M301. By the end of Saturday it was magnificent.... by the end of Sunday it was still improving further.

I should like to point out that I have not heard M625 next to an M312 yet, so I prefer not to venture guesses on differences. I am trying to source an M625, so I can conduct some A/B comparisons against my own M312.

Guido

corky-w

Dec 4, 2010
Hi Guido,
I'm a forum "newbie" but an old timer with my Jeff Rowland gear. My Consonance preamp and Model 1 amp have given me twenty years of pure pleasure. I run mini-monitors (the latest Tyler Acoustics, Talo Reference Moniters) with a Velodyne DD-12 sub. I love the stunning looks of Jeff's new M625 but probably don't need that much power. My Model 1 is 60 watts per side and seems adequate considering my room size and the use of the sub. A new Corus pre will be my next upgrade, as my faithful Consonance doesn't have the balanced inputs that I'll need. And I'm hoping that Jeff will introduce a class A/B baby brother to the M625 for us mini-monitor enthusiasts -- with perhaps 150 watts per side with the stunning looks of the M625. Any thoughts or rumors?

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
Hi Corky, Good suggestion... unfortunately I have not heard any rumors what-so-ever about a lower power version of the Rowland M625 in any stage of development, design, or ideation. Yet, I do agree that a stereo amp similar to 625 but with lower power to fit mini monitors would be certainly an interesting product.

Guido

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
Corky, I have checked with the factory.... Rowland appears to have no plans to create a lower power version of M625. On the other hand, it strikes me that Corus has a minimum gain step of just 0.5dB.... As such it should be quite easy to feed M625 with it, and get an optimum amplified signal for your mini monitors and still maintain a very reasonable gain/volume structure.

Guido

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
As far as I know, M925 is still in development. Rowland is busy putting finishing touches on the M725 mono amp, that is expected to be finalized by CES 2012 in Vegas, where visitors should be able to listen to it in its production-level version. I suspect M925 may not be ready for a spell. Guido

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I spoke to Jeff at RMAF. He has released a pair in Hong Kong and expects to have production ready for the US by the end of 2012- a few months away!

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
Hi Marty, In the meantime, I decided to stop waiting for M925, and ordered a pair of M725 monos. They just completed breakin in about 500 hours... Totally amazing musicality and resolution. And plenty of power and control for the Vienna M;usic in my system. Guido

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
Merry Christmas to all!

It looks like M925 will make its North American debut at CES 2013. Here is what jeffrowland.com has just posted:

"Hear the Aeris DAC, Corus Preamplifier, Model 725, and Model 925. January 8-11. Venetian Tower Suites 29-125 and 29-233.
"

I have not found any M925 power ratings or other technical information yet. I will post here as soon as I learn something useful.

Merry Christmas, Guido

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
M925 will be featured in the Nordost suite at CES. Sorry I won't be able to attend. Meantime, I obtained informally the following initial specs for the new amp directly from JRDG:

* 430W per channel over 8 Ohms
* 850W per channel over 4 Ohms
* 2400 W regulated DC SMPS per channel with Power Factor Correction (PFC).

I will post more detailed information as soon as I find out more..

Guido

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
Rowland has published at bit more technical information on M925 at CES. Combined with what I had already posted, specs look as follows:

Monoblock Power Amplifier OUTPUT POWER: 430 watts @ 8 ohms/850 watts @ 4 ohms
Monoblock Power supply: 2400 W regulated DC SMPS per channel, with Active Power Factor Correction (PFC).
FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 5 Hz - 50 kHz
INPUT IMPEDANCE: 40k ohms
THD + NOISE: 0.004%, 20 Hz- 20 kHz
DAMPING FACTOR: > 1000, 20 Hz - 20 kHz
OVERALL GAIN: Switchable 26/32 dB
Combined AMPLIFIER chassis & POWER SUPPLY chassis WEIGHT: 160.4 lb / 73 kg (per channel)
TOTAL DIMENSIONS (H/W/D): 16.5" x 15.5" x 16.25" (per channel) 419mm x 394mm x 413mm

A pretty hefty beast... Thankfully the 160 Lbs per channel are distributed between each mono audio chassis and power supply chassis.

Guido

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
AMP, That is totally awesome... Please do keep us posted!

Guido

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing