Experiences with longer speaker cables

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
The only place you need 100m cables is on a football field, not in anyones home.

Yah, that was my point... Although in my case it was a large indoor venue. Still, 7 m does not seem like a big deal to me.

Fitzcaraldo215

Nov 3, 2014
Yah, that was my point... Although in my case it was a large indoor venue. Still, 7 m does not seem like a big deal to me.

Depends on the amp. I think it is long for a speaker cable, myself. Sure, it will work, sound will come out and nothing will blow up. But, my bias for optimizing best sound would be long, low capacitance XLRs and short speaker cables.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
MY credibility?! You've gotta be kidding me. It's YOU who are making offensive blanket statements about entire groups of people.

And as far as the topic, maybe check the post RIGHT ABOVE YOUR FIRST POST? That's where I replied to the topic at hand.

Not taking sides but I'm very tired of teenage "food fights".

Can we all agree to stop this crap? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
really! Is this at KJ? The XLs are just fantastic. Yes, i think they were 4.5m length?

Apologies for this Tardy responce LL, indeed, one and the same, however since my move to mono blocks I really only require a meter pair, two at best.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Apologies for this Tardy responce LL, indeed, one and the same, however since my move to mono blocks I really only require a meter pair, two at best.

Makes sense. I am sure they can help you find a pair.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing