Munich high-end show 2016: Who here is going?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Munich has good Italian and Lebanese food as well. Close to Italy, and a big Lebanese community. Bavarian food has good meat quality (I have had the best meatballs in Munich, more to do with the meat than with the cuisine).

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
?? ... Care to explain ,what exactly is Third World food ?

"Third World"
From Wikipedia

The "three worlds" of the Cold War era, as of the period between April 1975 (the fall of Saigon) and August 1975 (the communist takeover in Laos).[citation needed]
First World: United States, United Kingdom and their allies.
Second World: Soviet Union, China, and their allies.
Third World: neutral and non-aligned countries.

The term Third World arose during the Cold War to define countries that remained non-aligned with either NATO, or the Communist Bloc. The United States, Western European nations and their allies represented the First World, while the Soviet Union, China, Cuba, and their allies represented the Second World. This terminology provided a way of broadly categorizing the nations of the Earth into three groups based on social, political, cultural and economic divisions. The Third World was normally seen to include many countries with colonial pasts in Africa, Latin America, Oceania and Asia. . . .

By "Third World food" I mean the cuisines of Third World countries.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) By "Third World food" I mean the cuisines of Third World countries.

Ron,

I fail to understand how the Alfred Sauvy concept of "Tiers Monde" can be applied to cuisines, particularly when addressing Bavarian food.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Ron,

I fail to understand how the Alfred Sauvy concept of "Tiers Monde" can be applied to cuisines, particularly when addressing Bavarian food.

Indeed! Rather a strange classification /generalization !

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk
just give ron a big sausage in the morning and i am sure he will be happy.. nothing 3rd world about that:D

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I guess he only likes GMO enhanced/hormone/prion infested/radiation infused/pesticide laden "food"?
ROTFLMAO

This post is an example of the gratuitous and inappropriate sarcasm which has caused people to lose interest in WBF. This thread is about WBF members going to the high-end show in Munich. Your post adds nothing to that subject.

PhisonAudio

Feb 26, 2016
Odense, Denmark
www.phisonaudio.dk
I am planning to visit this year but will not be working on an exhibit so it will give me a chance to have a good walk around.

Most likely Sound Galleries will be doing the Warsaw show later in the year

I will be visiting as well this year. We was not ready in time to exhibit our Phison Audio Products. So that will be next year. But i will be there the 5. and 6. of may.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
This post is an example of the gratuitous and inappropriate sarcasm which has caused people to lose interest in WBF. This thread is about WBF members going to the high-end show in Munich. Your post adds nothing to that subject.

Funny, I found your original post offensive and condescending. If you can't see that, I can't help you. Apparently I was not the only one who found your comment STRANGE.

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
I visited BMW World yesterday and find it to be a great venue for an event for WBF members

image.jpg

image.jpg

Take a look at the dedicated lines coming from the power distribution panel
image.jpg

Nothing like this in a MOC demo porta cabin

After Easter, food quotes should be coming

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Yeah, I was there last Summer and am sorry I cant make it now. I need to go back as I didnt do the full museum. I like Munich a LOT!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
München is one of my favorite cities in Europe too. Had a lovely time there during Oktoberfest. Was there with my boss and two other people from another company we were meeting, one of whom spoke decent German. He took us to one of the biergartens asking directions from locals along the way. I had my camera with me so I went taking pictures of people dancing on tables, and the local culture. They sat there and downed gallons of beer. I get back and all three are wasted! We decide to leave and come out to the streets and it is dark and not a single person there. I only have a vague, general idea of the direction of the hotel. Wondered around for half hour not getting to the hotel. Fortunately we finally ran into a pedestrian. Boy did I think my lucky stars that he spoke great English! With his directions we made it to our hotel. I was the hero the next day as they were amazed that I managed to get their stumbling behinds back to their rooms! :D

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
München is one of my favorite cities in Europe too. Had a lovely time there during Oktoberfest. Was there with my boss and two other people from another company we were meeting, one of whom spoke decent German. He took us to one of the biergartens asking directions from locals along the way. I had my camera with me so I went taking pictures of people dancing on tables, and the local culture. They sat there and downed gallons of beer. I get back and all three are wasted! We decide to leave and come out to the streets and it is dark and not a single person there. I only have a vague, general idea of the direction of the hotel. Wondered around for half hour not getting to the hotel. Fortunately we finally ran into a pedestrian. Boy did I think my lucky stars that he spoke great English! With his directions we made it to our hotel. I was the hero the next day as they were amazed that I managed to get their stumbling behinds back to their rooms! :D

Great story...which year were you there for Oktoberfest?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Gosh. This was when I worked for Sony. So it must have been between 1989 and 1994.

Ah, we've been so it would have been funny if we'd been in the same year.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
The official website for the show has a list of hotels which are close enough to MOC to be serviced by show shuttle buses.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing