Munich high-end show 2016: Who here is going?

Altanpsx

Sep 10, 2014
That's not just a horn. It's the first speaker ever made, with drivers by Bell Labs using loads of R&D spend for sound quality instead of WAF looks.

If you like it, you won't like the rest of the hifi. If you don't then fine.

I like it all, I want it all... :)

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Thanks to forum members here, I called up BMW Welt and discovered that a 160 m2 space was available for Friday night. A quick call to Geoffrey Armstrong at Sound Galleries in Monaco, and he gave me the green light to organize an event at BMW Welt to launch the Sound Galleries Music Server

With this space we should be able to achieve a very good sound. Public visiting time will be from 2pm till 7pm. Then there is ticketed event from 7:30 to 9 pm with food and drinks

Both the T+A PDP-3000HV and the T+A DAC 8 DSD will be showing their sonic abilities being driven at DSD 512 by the Sound Galleries Music Server doing realtime PCM to DSD 512, and DSD 64 to DSD 512 using HQ Player

I will be visiting Munich next week to finalize the arrangements, and the special food and drink prices for What's Best forum and Computer Audiophile members.

Hope to see you there, it should be fun and a sonic delight

So you are not displaying at MOC, like the last year ? How far is this venue from MOC ?

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
So you are not displaying at MOC, like the last year ? How far is this venue from MOC ?

BMW World is 7.3 km from the MOC where High End is, takes about 10 minutes in a taxi

We will arrange a minibus or bus to take people from MOC to BMW World about 20 minutes after High End closes its doors at 6 pm

The space we have booked is 13 m x 12 m with a 4.75 m ceiling. We are hoping it will be sonically competitive with the spaces at the National Stadium in Warsaw !

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
I am very curious to hear it. (I am not as "white and black" as you are. I might like the Western Electric (for certain things), but still like planars as well (for other things).)

2 hours won't be necessary, if it is anything like 2014 (which it might well NOT be). Your mind will be blown within 2 minutes. 2011 was still very good indeed, though.

Last edited:

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I would like to come on Friday night. It you could book me a seat in that minibus at 18:00, then I'm in.

Last edited:

Lee Henley

Feb 21, 2014
England, UK
I'll be going for the first time this year, flying out on the Thursday and returning back on the Monday, it would be good to meet a few WBF members

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
I would like to come on Friday night. It you could book me a seat in that minibus at 18:00, then I'm in.

The bus will probably leave at about 6:20 pm to give plenty of time for people to make it to the pick up point

You will all each get your individual tickets with your name on :)

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
Here is a photo of the space

BMW room.jpg

The desks will be removed and I promise there will not be a quiz

There will be good food and wine at a modest cost !

Should be an interesting and enjoyable evening

Last edited:

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
Just let me know what to do. Glad to be a part, sounds like fun!

The bus will probably leave at about 6:20 pm to give plenty of time for people to make it to the pick up point

You will all each get your individual tickets with your name on :)

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
I have no preferences. Whatever is provided I am sure to enjoy, unless of course you go totally vegan!! :)

What are people's food preferences ?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Since you are talking about food I suggest two great places to eat in Munich - the Augustiner-Keller and the Wirtshaus Zum Straubinger. I have been there before and the Bavarian food was great - but do not expect diet food there! I had roasted pork and duck, and plenty of delicious potatoes and vegetables.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I don't eat Third World food.

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
Since you are talking about food I suggest two great places to eat in Munich - the Augustiner-Keller and the Wirtshaus Zum Straubinger. I have been there before and the Bavarian food was great - but do not expect diet food there! I had roasted pork and duck, and plenty of delicious potatoes and vegetables.

For connoisseurs of Wiener Schnitzel, one of the best (in Europe !) is Liebighof
http://www.liebighof.de/

I have yet to have a better schnitzel in Vienna

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing