My first receiver

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
The Dynatron Co. in the UK made this baby in the 70's:

Originally sold by Olson Electronics in the USA as the STA90, it supposedly had 120 watts/ch and certainly sported a lot of features.

Lee

Credit to: Tower Boss 2009 for photo

Attachments

• DynatronSRX90-STA9.jpg
    DynatronSRX90-STA9.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 1,390
Last edited:

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
I purchased back in 1978 a 25 watt HH Scott similar to this more powerful model. The pale yellow/amber hue of the light was retro even back then.

http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-84-4899-68.html

Less than a year later I purchased a SAE two R3C and had two systems.

Last edited:

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Mine was a Marantz 2252B, above average sound with a pair of ADS 710 speakers

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
My very first component was a Realistic Receiver in the early 70's. Can't remember the model #, but it was like 40wpc and served me well for a few years. Hey, don't laugh...I was only like 17-18 when I bought it and knew nothing about audio. All I know is that I went to a friend of a friend's basement apartment and he had a component system that blew me away. I can't remember now what they were, but I do remember hearing Pink Floyd on vinyl and I was hooked!

John

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing