Salon Son & Image / Montreal Audio Show Cancelled

earlinarizona

Jul 17, 2010
From today's press release:
It is with considerable sadness that we have to inform you that it has been decided to defer this year’s Salon Son & Image Show/Montreal Audio Show due to take place at the Bonaventure Hotel on the 18 – 20 March 2016.
The deciding factor has been market support, with a substantial drop in companies wanting to support this long established event.

I attended the SSI show back in 2012 and had a ball (see show coverage) so I view this news as a real shame. Before we take this as a sign the industry is on the verge of collapse, I would suggest that a show's success, or failure, largely lies at the feet of show organizers.
While I have not attended Axpona, and only covered the first Newport Beach show for Stereophile, word has it that these shows are on the rise both in terms of exhibitors and attendance. That being said, this year's CES was a tad dismal in terms of turnout and it sure seemed to me that there were less exhibitors than usual.

With Munich only months away, yay!, I look forward to getting the pulse of what I consider one of the best audio shows around.

Read more at http://www.audiostream.com/content/salon-son-image-montreal-audio-show-cancelled#wUkIJbAdC2EB7BB7.99

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Montreal, March 9th 2016

Yesterday, it was announced by the new organizers, Chester Group, that they were giving up on the 29th edition of the Montreal Audio Show. This created a real tsunami amongst the industry.

We dedicated 10 years of our career to making this show a reference in the industry. We just could not accept that this magical event would disappear. Without a minute of hesitation, the former owners of the show, along with a group of industry members, have decided to form a new non-profit organization and maintain the show to be run next week, from the 18th to the 20th of March. After this edition of the show, a board of directors will be elected in order to plan the future of this iconic event.

Exceptionally this year, the admission for the public will be FREE as there will be a limited amount of exhibitors, but the quality of the presentation will be the same as usual. The rate for the exhibitors has been drastically reduced, to make sure we attract as many as possible.

So, we invite everyone to come and join us to celebrate this new Montreal Audio Fest.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I looked at going but there were so few exhibitors signed up that it seemed more like a dealer event than an audio show. Seems like that was indeed the problem.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
24 hours after the sad announcement, the new organisers of the new Montreal Audio Fest already have more exhibitors signed than the previous administration.

blutto

Mar 22, 2014
....good on Michel and Sarah....a phoenix rises from the ashes....Their motivation: "We just could not accept that this magical event would disappear."

Cheers

....no make that Double Cheers....

...and as an extra added bonus...the show is apparently free to the public...

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
24 hours after the sad announcement, the new organisers of the new Montreal Audio Fest already have more exhibitors signed than the previous administration.

Well done...a brave move given that must have cost the new organisers something in time and i suspect money. Well done!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing