Lyngdorf SDA-2400 Amplifier Review

tmallin

WBF Technical Expert
May 19, 2010
Chicagoland
I agree with this product review. I have been using the SDA-2400 for some time now to power my Harbeth M40.1 speakers. These were formerly powered by Sanders Magtech Monoblocs. The digital front end is a specially mounted EVS-fully-modded Oppo BDP-105 with Logitech Squeezebox Touch and Apple TV as additional sources selectable through the Oppo. The balanced analog outs of the Oppo feed the balanced analog ins of the Lyngdorf. All cabling is by DNM.

In this system, the Lyngdorf seems sonically at least the equal of the Sanders amps, which is high praise indeed for a product that costs one-fourth the price of the Sanders amps. The bass of the Lyngdorf seems deeper and more detailed than that of the Sanders, oddly enough. The Harbeths don't need or even accept the greater power output of the Sanders without being pushed beyond their SPL limits into distress. At the highest volumes I ever use, the Lyngdorf has plenty of power and just seems to be coasting along.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing