Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Artisan Fidelity Garrard 401 Updated

Artisan Fidelity Garrard 401 Updated

Recently took my Artisan Fidelity Garrard 401 back to Chris at AF for some upgrades (idler wheel, still points, bearing and spindle) and we also decided to refinish the plinth in a high gloss Maccassar Ebony and had the chassis repainted in a high gloss black. I also upgraded the tonearm to an Origin Live Conqueror. Chris is fine tuning things this weekend and he says it sounds amazing. I can't wait to get it home!

Name:  2F3A3433 (1) copy.jpg
Views: 2707
Size:  239.3 KBName:  2F3A3511 (1) copy.jpg
Views: 2457
Size:  235.4 KBName:  2F3A3413 (1) copy.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  203.3 KBName:  2F3A3548 (1) copy.jpg
Views: 2281
Size:  272.5 KB

Tim, Indeed, your Garrard 401 Statement turned out beautifully, here are a few more photographs to share for members who cherish the classic design aesthetics.

Name:  2F3A3468 (1) copy.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  192.7 KBName:  2F3A3642 (1) copy.jpg
Views: 1596
Size:  225.9 KBName:  2F3A3489 copy.jpg
Views: 1376
Size:  247.7 KB
    Last edited by Christopher T; 03-08-2016 at 10:34 PM.
    Christopher Thornton
    Artisan Fidelity
    Hand Crafted Analog Designs

www.artisanfidelity.com
    info@artisanfidelity.com

[WBF Founding Member] Addicted to Best! JackD201's Avatar
    I never get tired of seeing pictures of Artisan Fidelity tables. Their work is definitely stunning but I must comment that their photography is top notch as well.
    Disclosure of Industry Participation

Co-Founder and Managing Director PureSound PH - Exclusive Distributor (Philippines only) of Lamm, Von Schweikert Audio, CH Precision, Light Harmonic, Valvet, Townshend, Critical Mass Systems, EERA, KR Audio, Ambience SS, TechDAS, Master Built, Stromtank

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatlebum View Post
    Recently took my Artisan Fidelity Garrard 401 back to Chris at AF for some upgrades (idler wheel, still points, bearing and spindle) and we also decided to refinish the plinth in a high gloss Maccassar Ebony and had the chassis repainted in a high gloss black. I also upgraded the tonearm to an Origin Live Conqueror. Chris is fine tuning things this weekend and he says it sounds amazing. I can't wait to get it home!

Name:  2F3A3433 (1) copy.jpg
Views: 2707
Size:  239.3 KBName:  2F3A3511 (1) copy.jpg
Views: 2457
Size:  235.4 KBName:  2F3A3413 (1) copy.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  203.3 KBName:  2F3A3548 (1) copy.jpg
Views: 2281
Size:  272.5 KB
    It looks beautiful.
    How does the OL Conqueror sound. I have an OL Encounter at the moment on my Townshend Rock V and plan to upgrade to the Conqueror before too long.

The Origin Live tonearms are exceptional performers and in my humble opinion are generally under-appreciated by much of the high end market. Over the years I've owned various versions of their Illustrious, then a Conqueror, and now their top model Enterprise-C. They're very well engineered and executed designs which excel at extracting the most from a record groove in a musically coherent and extremely engaging manner.

Congrats to Tim on the beautiful new table!

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    The Origin Live tonearms are exceptional performers and in my humble opinion are generally under-appreciated by much of the high end market. Over the years I've owned various versions of their Illustrious, then a Conqueror, and now their top model Enterprise-C. They're very well engineered and executed designs which excel at extracting the most from a record groove in a musically coherent and extremely engaging manner.

Congrats to Tim on the beautiful new table!
    Thanks Bill.
    Very helpful

My pleasure Barry, glad you found my comments helpful. I should have also explained what I feel you achieve as you move up their line. Their tonearms retain a consistent perspective such that you can tell they are from the same designer, but you gain additional refinement in their better designs. Typical gains include more effortless dynamics and extension, with further benefits in musicality and a higher level of continuity to their tonality. Their top model's performance can be quite stunning to first time OL listeners.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    My pleasure Barry, glad you found my comments helpful. I should have also explained what I feel you achieve as you move up their line. Their tonearms retain a consistent perspective such that you can tell they are from the same designer, but you gain additional refinement in their better designs. Typical gains include more effortless dynamics and extension, with further benefits in musicality and a higher level of continuity to their tonality. Their top model's performance can be quite stunning to first time OL listeners.
    That's good of you Bill.
    I do value musicality so obviously attracted to OL.
    I also get that quality with the Entreq cables and boxes so the Conqueror should be an ideal upgrade.

Bill and everyone else,

Thanks for the compliments and yes, it is a fine looking and sounding piece.

Barry,

In my short time listening so far the OL Conqueror is an audible improvement over my previous Illustrious Mk. 3c (which is an exceptional performer too!). As Bill said, the Conqueror just gives more of everything that the other OL arms do. More refinement, extended, and a further enhancement in the foundation of the music presentation.

We should note this day on the calendar, it's not very often when two audiophiles agree on their independent evaluations of a component! I think that's a testament to the excellence of Origin Live tonearms.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast