A "Like" Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Stenhouse

Feb 14, 2016
Sydney, Australia
Well,

Speaking as a child who needs need my pathologically weak ego boosted, I am sorry that the decision has been so taken, but respect that it has.

As no further use can be served by further discussion, perhaps this thread might be closed off.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Well,

Speaking as a child who needs need my pathologically weak ego boosted, I am sorry that the decision has been so taken, but respect that it has.

As no further use can be served by further discussion, perhaps this thread might be closed off.

like and plus 1 :D

kind of ironic as some of the biggest child fights in need of stroked ego's are on WBF

Andrew Stenhouse

Feb 14, 2016
Sydney, Australia
Thanks Steve,

Not sure it is working however. I press it and nothing seems to happen.

It is perfect for instance when you want to show your appreciation of a post made in the "Currently Spinning" type threads but don't want to type a post.

Lets see if I am the only one using it. :)

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk
i used it to 'like' kal rubinsons post about not liking the like button:D but nothing happened...

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Thanks Steve,

Not sure it is working however. I press it and nothing seems to happen.

It is perfect for instance when you want to show your appreciation of a post made in the "Currently Spinning" type threads but don't want to type a post.

Lets see if I am the only one using it. :)

Andrew

did you get my like? I think you click the little up arrow and it goes down. not very user friendly at all.

Andrew Stenhouse

Feb 14, 2016
Sydney, Australia
Unless it shows up on the post I reckon it is abit worthless. I like SNA's model. Works a treat. Makes me play alot nicer.

Steve - you are a braver man than me - herding cats comes to mind....

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Unless it shows up on the post I reckon it is abit worthless. I like SNA's model. Works a treat. Makes me play alot nicer.

Steve - you are a braver man than me - herding cats comes to mind....

Agreed. Almost as if its been implemented to fail ;)

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Right, like I posted in the other announcement... What does it do? The star system should show up under "new posts" button since most of us seem to just click on it. That to me seems like it would've fixed everything, not needing a like button.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Right, like I posted in the other announcement... What does it do? The star system should show up under "new posts" button since most of us seem to just click on it. That to me seems like it would've fixed everything, not needing a like button.

I agree.

But! If some people truly insist in building their own egos :b ...they can check in their profile for the accumulated "likes".
...I think that's the way it works...it's more discreet, I like it. :b ...Not for my ego, but just for the fun of it...like children playing on a Saturday afternoon @ the park.

So much good stuff to read...so little time.

Andrew Stenhouse

Feb 14, 2016
Sydney, Australia
Agreed. Almost as if its been implemented to fail ;)

Shane you are far too cynical. Far from it - frankly I think Steve is on a hiding to nothing but hey ... Why not give it ago.

And Bob it isn't about boosting ego it is about expressing approval and thanks for a post without having to type. It also has the benefit of subtly influencing posting behaviour for the good. I'm surprised that Kal is against it for that very reason.

Personally on Stereonet I tend to look at some one's profile if I don't know them and if there is a ton of likes relative to the level of posting it is something I take into account when eg I buy something from them or otherwise interact with them. It means that the other members have found what that person has to say valuable and so I may conclude that is some who is trustworthy or who should be given some respect.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello Steve and good evening to you sir. Please remove it, never to be seen again. We are better than this.

Tom

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
LOL

The histeria over the like button is funny.

Like watching the old grumpy men on the balcony in the muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing