Hanss T-60

stephen_volker

Nov 2, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am looking at potentially getting one of these after I purchase a home. It doesn't look like it can be used with longer tonearms, which is a big minus. Anyone have experience with these tables? What recommendations do you have for a used market turntable + tonearm in the $5000 range? I plan to use it with my Van den Hul Colibri XGW and am coming form a VPI HR-X that I loved. I look forward to your responses!

Best regards,
Stephen

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Hi Guys,

I am looking at potentially getting one of these after I purchase a home. It doesn't look like it can be used with longer tonearms, which is a big minus. Anyone have experience with these tables? What recommendations do you have for a used market turntable + tonearm in the $5000 range? I plan to use it with my Van den Hul Colibri XGW and am coming form a VPI HR-X that I loved. I look forward to your responses!

Best regards,
Stephen

I have never heard a Hanss turntable. Since you had the suspended VPI and you liked it, for $5K used, I would consider either a Basis or the SME Model 10/A. Both are integrated with arms, suspended and offer very solid performance at that price point, IMO.

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
The list is endless

However, if you like suspended decks, the gyrodec is great, even with a simple arm like the rega or gyro modified :technoarm

I do also like rim drives, and a refurbished thorens 124 with a twelve inch arm is great

I also love sp10s and they are readily available and plinths which will take twelve inch arms abound

I have experience of all three

All are great

If u like the suspended deck sound u won't be displeased with a gyrodec..

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

stephen_volker

Nov 2, 2015
I think I am going to go a different direction than the Hanss. The cattylink has some interesting ultrasonic cleaners that are not much. I might have to check out that sight.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
VX-1, what Chinese table did you get? How does your current turntable compare to the HR-X?

I certainly won't spend a lot of money on any Chinese made table. That said, the Pioneer chinese made $500 PLX-1000 is a killer for the $$.

You can see my tables in my signature. I used to own the HRX and sort of still wish I owned it. TW Acustik has more body and sounds akin to a good tube amp. My Exclusive P3 is my favourite table and has a speed, realistic instrumental edge and bass control that belt drives don't really have. DD done well is pretty addictive. HRX was sort of in the middle sound wise.

ulf

Aug 9, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
I have uses Hanss T60 TT for a number of years. I am very pleased with it. I use 2 arms on it. One swedish Cantus tangential arm with Miayajima top of the range Mandake PU. The other is a Mörch DP8 with a Urushi PU. Both gives exellent sound.

According to Hanss acoustic model 60 differ from Amari;

"Hanss uses different grade of Aluminum and most of all the bearings and the motors that we use the Hanss is made in Germany and Czech Republic.

For Amari in order to drive down the costs it uses a replica bearing and motors which are made in china.

You may purchase one and make a comparison."

The T60 is massiv built. If the whole TT was made in the western world the price would have been very much higher. Now I think its perhaps the cheapest way to get a High End TT and I could buy it from a local HIFIshop and not on the internet as the Amari.
At least here in Sweden buying Amari from China you need to to pay an extra 30% in VAT ant customs.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing