Concentra 2 integrated amp pre out (bal or unbal) function

almsthere

Sep 28, 2015
MANITOBA CANADA
Can I use one of the pre out ports connected to a separate power amp and speakers (full range) to listen to audio if the built in amp is not connected to speakers? I'd like to compare the built in amp section to one of my separate power amps.

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
Yes, I checked the manual. If I interpret it correctly, it looks like Concentra behaves like all other Rowland integrated amps that I know of.... The line level xlr outs and the line level RCA outs can be used to power an alternate power amplifier.

If you do not have the Concentra manual, you can download it at:

http://jeffrowlandgroup.com/kb/search.php?q=Concentra

Which alternate power amp will you be trying out connected to the Concentra line level outputs?

Regards, Guido

almsthere

Sep 28, 2015
MANITOBA CANADA
Yes, I checked the manual. If I interpret it correctly, it looks like Concentra behaves like all other Rowland integrated amps that I know of.... The line level xlr outs and the line level RCA outs can be used to power an alternate power amplifier.

If you do not have the Concentra manual, you can download it at:

http://jeffrowlandgroup.com/kb/search.php?q=Concentra

Which alternate power amp will you be trying out connected to the Concentra line level outputs?

Regards, Guido

Thanks Guido!
So.... I can listen to speakers connected to an outside amp thru the Concentra line level outputs when the internal amp is not connected to speakers.
I have the manual but it's not very specific.
Planning to connect a Model 2 amp.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing