Is the Measurement Forum the place for objectivists to be attacked by subjectivists?

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
I love it. A forum that is established for the "O" crowd and being used to criticize the "S" crowd.

Anyone see something fundamentally wrong with this picture?

And Andrew, I agree that no one should "attack" anyone.

Respectfully submitted.

Uh-huh. Should be pretty incredible. But very little surprises me anymore.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
I am a card carrying objectivist/subjectivist because you need a balance of both. As far as the topic of the thread as long as it stays civil a little healthy discourse isn't going to hurt anyone.

Rob:)

Rob, you sound like a reasonable gent.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Sometimes whilst reading this forum I get the sense that some folks are born to do nothing but argue. In fact, I would venture to say that some would argue over that statement.

Tom

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

Andrew Stenhouse

Feb 14, 2016
Sydney, Australia
Sometimes whilst reading this forum I get the sense that some folks are born to do nothing but argue. In fact, I would venture to say that some would argue over that statement.

Tom

Priceless, Tom.

Dynamix

Banned
Feb 24, 2016
Scandinavistan
The past is the past. Where we go now is up to the participating members. Do you wish to be part of the problem or part of the solution?

Lee

That sounds very much like you think I'm just here to cause trouble. I can assure you I'm not. I've been following this forum for a long time and there is a lot to it that I like. Otherwise I would have never signed up.

I'm just saying, that from my point of view (and yes, I could certainly be wrong, but this is my honest impression), what this place needs is actual moderation. You could have stopped a lot of the problems you are currently experiencing by being proactive, rather than cleaning up the mess after the fact. As far as I can tell, arguments (rather than actual discussions) that are in clear violation of the TOS and/or the guidelines for any given subforum are allowed to go on for page after page without any of the mods taking action, at least not before someone has a complete meltdown. And then one or two scapegoats are blamed for the trainwreck, even though a whole bunch of members are equally to blame for escalating things. Not really a good way to run what could be an awesome forum, am I right? And it seems to me that there are quite a few long-standing members here who feel the same way.

That's all I'm saying, as someone who has no dog in this particular race, and as someone who has quite a bit of experience with moderating web forums.

And of course, you could just blame Amir and a small group of "pesky objectivists", but that's hardly being honest with yourselves, is it? Like they say; "it takes two to tango"...

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing