Is the Measurement Forum the place for objectivists to be attacked by subjectivists?

Whatmore

Jun 2, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Just wondering if the real reason the measurement forum was set up was to gather all the objectivists in one spot so that the rest of WBF could hurl insults at them?

opus112

Feb 24, 2016
Zhejiang
An interesting hypothesis but seems to be falsified by the fact that Amir's a self-confessed objectivist himself. Why would he want all objectivists to be bundled together to make an easy target of them?

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
It makes it easier to identify, and ignore, them. :)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
It's like shooting fish in a barrel.
I propose anyone using the term subjectivist or objectivist be sanctioned.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I agree. What measurements are appropriate for this thread? Just kidding. I suspect a better approach is too not start threads that are not applicable to the forum charter. For example, this thread and the placebo thread belong in a more general forum.

esldude

I agree. What measurements are appropriate for this thread? Just kidding. I suspect a better approach is too not start threads that are not applicable to the forum charter. For example, this thread and the placebo thread belong in a more general forum.

The placebo thread belonged here. The reason for the thread was very clear. It was polluted by those apparently afraid of what that means.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
The placebo thread belonged here. The reason for the thread was very clear.

LOL. Yes, it was a troll post to start an argument.

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk

lol but if you can't prove it with a measurement take it elsewhere.

esldude

The argument was from those who weren't answering the issues of communication asked about in the first post. It was placed in the measurement forum because doing so in the general forum was sure to do nothing other than start an argument. Nothing about it is controversial other than among subjectivist audiophiles. If those wanted to discuss why such data isn't convincing there may have been value. Instead it was a series of comments wishing to ignore the issue or claim it isn't so. Which is a whole separate matter, and from my personal viewpoint not even a question.

Whatmore

Jun 2, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
To be honest, here are so many bloody forums I never know where I am and I certainly can't be bothered looking for a forum.
I just happened to be in the measurement forum at the time, so that's where it went

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk
[video]https://youtu.be/B3KBuQHHKx0?t=3[/video]

the measurement area has turned into this..

enjoy !

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk
Being attacked by a subjectivist is akin to being mauled by a sheep.
Keith.

more subjective opinion (its the cheese shop owner):D

have you got some stats or measurements to back up your hypothesis ? ;)

being serious for a moment,IMO the only useful information on places like these that you can learn from is objective based. subjective opinion is too personal and only relevant to us as individuals imo . its nice to post subjective opinion and for folks to agree with you but no one is learning really as if you dont agree it's not a matter of lack of understanding that can be rectified by more subjective opinion. i used to think i could learn from the subjective views of others but i now know this is not the case.

that's why i like the objective guys (mostly) they offer a chance for me to learn. so i thank you guys for that but respectively ask you all to get back to evidenced based argument rather than 'what i recon' and all this introspection/ debate about how weak the subjective view is/can be.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Billy Shears

Jul 27, 2015
Can I just remind everyone that it seems to work both ways. I have yet to read a thread about a "Tweak product" that does not instantaneously get pooped on by the self-proclaimed "objectivist" to the point where it loses all its purpose for the amount of manure that gets posted (entreq thread anyone?).
I still think the measurement based forum was a great thing, as it helps people that stack their priority’s differently to stay clear ( well I better just speak for myself). I am sorry it does not always seem to work out. But I guess what goes around comes around doesn’t it.....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing