New forum created for subjectivist members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
WTF is going on here?? I am slack-jawed after reading this thread. Who would have possibly thought that anything could surpass the mud-slinging and nasty denigration of the Republican debate 2 nights ago? And that was like watching a food fight in college. Well congratulations, you've succeeded. The sad truth is that the forum has tragically declined over the past year. I don't know the cause(s) and I sure don't have any obvious remedies, but I'm just saddened that a place I used to go for mindfulness and learning has essentially become not much more than a vapid name-calling festival. Truly sad.
Marty

sad I agree Marty

What really needs to be known is the rest of the story.

Myles and I have long since resolved our differences and remain friends today. This is usually the way adults deal with their issues. To post something sent as a PM to Myles and then to post it on open forum is not only outrageous but IMHO it serves no other purpose than to use Myles as a pawn in a dog fight that Amir has with me. I think Amir should be asked if Myles gave him his permission for this private communication to be posted.

For the record and to Myles as a friend I need to offer my profound apology for the actions of Amir and bringing a 2 year old private communication between you into the public eye and using you as a pawn.My sincerest of apologies Myles if you are reading this

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
The problem with this forum is that no one cares what anyone else thinks. That alone sort of kills the value of it, in my opinion.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
The problem with this forum is that no one cares what anyone else thinks. That alone sort of kills the value of it, in my opinion.

I care very much Win about what you think. I care about the human race. I care a lot about the music freedom, about the films' impact and messages.
I care about the arts, about the mastering of improvement, I care about others because they're part of people I live with.

I care about the friends and family we lost, I care about our pets...dogs and cats.

I care about the heart of people and their love for life. So I care about what they think too. I care about respect and strong family values, friendship and sharing and the birds in the trees...and flying.

Will this morning said to me (like my brother Claude few months ago): "Judge no one."

I'm @ the twilight of existence and surreality right now, between five continents.

Last edited:

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Can someone be both an objectivist and a subjectivist or is this a paradox?

Yes, one can be both...no paradox, but rather an expression of harmony. :b

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
Steve , as evidenced , Amir does not respect anyones privacy .. in his view you are not entitled to any.
That fact alone shows exactly the respect he has for members here...
I think its beyond the pale and any forum I moderate would get the member a lifelong ban for revealing PM's

Solution to this impasse?

Either get out and form your own forum or #amirmustfall or a split

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
http://blog.undr.com/2012/02/the-math-behind-why-compact-discs-sound-better-than-vinyl-records/

COMMENTS ARE CLOSED

There's far to much discussion going on in comments by analog purists.So I'm blcking future comments on this article. If you have something to to say,or your own well versed rebuttal,I'd suggest you get your ownFree World Press Blog and link back to this article with your detailed analysis of wh I'm wrong. My soapbox is to crowded for mor naysaers.
Sond familiar?

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
One thing is blatantly obvious from the start: the new 'subjectivist forum' has died before it even started. Nothing will ever breathe life into it. And I cannot and will not shed even a single tear about this.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Coach Herman Edwards, formerly of the New Yorks Jets , among others, and now analyst on ESPN says type any message you want just don't hit send. I cancelled a lot of messages during this controversy.

One member has suggested that somehow so-called subjectivists enjoy a preferred status at WBF. That is to the point of saying he has become a subjectivist and still does not get respect. I know it was in part tongue and cheek.There was however an undertone of sereiousness to it. I take offense to that. Amir has fanned the flames by overtly saying there is some conspiracy to rid the forum of objectivists. I I disagree with that assertion. I have not kept stats but since so few have been banned, I can safely state that the majority of those were banned because they were obssessive comoupulsive jerks who could not let go of there point despite being warned repeatedly to do so. I will not call anybody out but pick somebody who was supposedly banned because they were objectivist. Look at the thread in which they were banned.For the most part you'll see that is exactly what happened.
Fanning the flames of dissent serves no real purpose.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I have not kept stats but since so few have been banned, I can safely state that the majority of those were banned because they were obsessive compulsive jerks who could not let go of there point despite being warned repeatedly to do so. I will not call anybody out but pick somebody who was supposedly banned because they were objectivist. Look at the thread in which they were banned.For the most part you'll see that is exactly what happened.

(Emphasis added.)

Your observation is spot on.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
I can confirm without reserve that his observation is spot on. ;)

Tom

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
No, that was not a private PM Steve. You sent him a formal infraction.
Correct, a PRIVATE infraction. For the eyes of the management team only. ;)

Myles has asked something of you. Are you going to honor it?

Tom

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Correct, a PRIVATE infraction. ;)
Myles can post that on the front page of New York Times. There is nothing about that which is private. For that reason, we need to be a model of professionalism in all of our external communications. Don't go showing your anger to someone and hope that it stays "private."

Myles has asked something of you. Are you going to honor it?

Tom
How do you know what he has asked me?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
You have a binary personality.

it must be all of those 0's and 1's I guess running through my head

You continue to make a desperate attempt to justify why you posted an unauthorized PM from me to Myles which is 2 years old and the issues between Myles and I have long been resolved. I am not the problem nor are who you call the objectivists. The issue is you and solely you. Myles did not give you permission to post what you did and he has made a formal request of you.

Do what you like to do.

Thank you for that.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Guys, as a neutral party, this stuff needs to stop. When my kids were young, we used to have a time out for this type of stuff. We used to have a small chair for this purpose, the time out chair. We need something similar here IMHO.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thank you for that.
You are very welcome Steve.

Everyone, I don't know what Steve is planning to do. But please extend your support to him in whichever way you can to make that successful. Also my deep apology to many of you who found these interactions distasteful and unhelpful.

It is up to Steve but my suggestion now is that we close this and the related threads and make them invisible in the future.

Thanks for putting up with me :).

Sincerely,
(ex) King of Audio at WBF

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing