Is It Still Too Early To Talk About The Miami Heat And The Big Three

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Well we are 8 games into the season and here we are with the Heat sitting in 3rd place having lost again last to Utah of all teams.

Many of us here have felt all along that this revamped Miami team will not be representing the East in the NBA Finals. Others have ruled out Orlando but last look they were tied for first in their Division. LeBron is mired well down in the scoring category with D Wayde well above him and Bosch no where to be found

It certainly makes for early morning water cooler talk. Nonetheless the season is young and we can speculate that the Heat are in a learning transition but as I see it there still seems to be a lack of who the team leader is (I still suspect it to be D wayde)

Atlanta although positioned first in their division has not played any real contenders and Orlando is finding their way. Boston, is of course, well Boston and I still feel they will represent the east once again vs the Lakers (who IMO having watched their 8 games) are going to be hard to beat if they can ever get motivated by their opponents. The Lakers seem to only rise to the level of their opposition but seeing the depth and strength of their bench (and Andrew isn't back yet and Luke and Sasha are only seeing limited time) they will be difficult to beat.

Finally, the interesting caveat is that this once again will be Phil's last year as coach BUT the word on the street is that he will be back if he ThreePeats this year as no coach has ever won a 4peat.

Finally, NOH are the real thing this year having beaten some serious teams. IMO Chris Paul is the best point guard now in the NBA and it will be interesting to see them play the Lakers.

Finally, finally I had great hopes for Oklahoma with KD but so far they are mediocre at best

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Just ask Dan Snyder of the Redskins. There is more to making a great team than hirng future hall of fame players.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Just ask Dan Snyder of the Redskins. There is more to making a great team than hirng future hall of fame players.

:)

The contest for best point Guard in the NBA is a toss-up between Raja Rondo and CP2.. Paul is a better scorer but Rondo doesn't have to ...
Now it is too early. The second Lebron went to the Heat he knew he would be the Facilitator but one who can raise when the moment calls for it.. somewhat similar to the Magic/Kareem thing... with Lebron being a better scorer than Magic was , truly ... Bosh is Bosh a very good power forward but not even the best PF in the NBA, the best is right now, Pau " El Spaniard" Gasol... yet as time passes by and they continue to be comfortable with each other and their roles, they will go on massacring teams around the league, something the Lakers seem to be intent on doing too by the way ...

I still believe Boston or Orlando will meet the Lakers comes June 2011... Oklahoma seems to be caving under the pressure of too lofty expectations, signs of an immature team.. Watch out for them during the Playoff they will be motivated to knock off anyone standing on their path

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
well here we go again. Can you believe the Utah Jazz. They tie the Heat at the end of regulation and beat the Heat in OT in Miami.

Millsap scores a career high 45 points the highest ever scored vs Miami in Miami. The Jazz are for real and as I predicted there is still chaos in South Beach. In spite of a Triple Double by LBJ and 35 points by Wade the Heat fall again.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing