Record Production 1956 and Today - which is better?

RayDunzl

Jun 26, 2014
Tampa
I like the record cleaner at 13:52

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I like the record cleaner at 13:52

Yes, me too; we need one of those @ home...where can we get one? ...Should work well too for other cleaning jobs...like with your laser lens...get the dust out from its surroundings.

...Or you can use it too to clean your music server with your DAC and all your hi-res music files stored in your multi-terabyte hard drive (SSD).
That should get rid of all the gummy petroleum residues. ...For a cleaner music without all the tics and pops.

I missed the section where they put that hole right in the middle of the LP. ...It has to be dead center or you get phase shifts and all kind of other weird animosities like speed troublesome and echoes chamber effects and all that un-centered jazz.

I was shopping the other day, and saw some brand new albums (LPs) from between $25 and $50 ... it reminded me my youth @ the Woolworth store .... $4.99 to $6.99 (premium) quality made LPs from WB, A&M records, Apple/Emi, RCA, etc. ...Titles by King Crimson, Genesis, Yes, Black Sabbath, Johnny Winter, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Cat Stevens, Jethro Tull, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Raoul Duguay, Robert Charlebois, Harmonium, Canoe, Gilbert Becaud, Gilles Vigneault, Jean-Pierre Ferland, Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, Stravinsky, etc.

The 50s and 60s were some of my best years. ...That's where it all started...the best. ...Nothing can equal that today...the essence.

* That video today is cool, ...the dedication of the people. The machinery, the maintenance, smaller scale...and not everyone's like the people from that video. Albums they come from all over, and some better and some less better. /// Just like anything else, CDs included.

It's amazing...all the money you can spend in a state-of-the-art analog and digital rig.
And yet our kids don't seem to care with their iPods and iPhones and iRes music from the internet cafe.
For them we're like old dinosaurs living in an old fart world.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing