Appointment to Mono and Stereo as Senior Contributing Reviewer

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Matej Isak -- CEO, Editor-in-Chief and Founder of Mono and Stereo -- has appointed me as Senior Contributing Reviewer of Mono and Stereo.

Matej has published my Visit to Gryphon Audio Designs / Pendragon Review as my inaugural appearance in Mono and Stereo:

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2016/02/gryphon-audio-pendragon-loudspeakers.html

"Ron Resnick joins the Mono & Stereo team, opening up his grand act with an elaborate review of the Gryphon Audio Pendragon flagship loudspeaker. Ron's down to earth, compelling, insightful and elaborate writing will be a great, valued addition to Mono and Stereo and his vision follows the quest that our team believes in. Thanks and welcome aboard Ron!"

I thank Matej, and I am grateful to him for this appointment!

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
My heartfelt congratulations Ron, I look forward to reading your work in the future.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
This is great news ! I like Metej and his publication. His review was one of the key reasons, I sought out a Robert Koda K10 for evaluation and subsequent purchase...

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Congrats, awesome news

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
A big congrats! I think you, marty and David have the best writing styles on the forum!

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, gentlemen, for your very kind wishes and comments! I appreciate every one of them!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Andrew Stenhouse

Feb 14, 2016
Sydney, Australia
Congratulations Ron,

You have a lovely easy writing style that is a pleasure to read. I am sure that Mono & Stereo is lucky to have you aboard.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
A big congrats! I think you, marty and David have the best writing styles on the forum!

That's very kind of you Bruce. I also wish to congratulate Ron on a wonderful review. But the hell with the review. What I really want is an invitation to visit to hear them in your new listening lair in LA (since you can now get them at accommodation pricing!!)

Ron,
I'm not sure I understand what the user controls on the rear of the speaker do to allow individual room voicing. I think adjusting the bass levels are rather straightforward but are all the controls I see (volume, "Q" etc) all for the bass only? Or are there midrange and tweeter controls as well?
Marty

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Fabulous 1st review with not too much hyperbole unlike some who come across like salesman for the product. Enjoyed reading it

caesar

May 30, 2010
Ron, Congratulations! Having read your writing, I am not at all surprised by your success!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, Bruce! I am flattered to be put in the same company as Marty and David!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
That's very kind of you Bruce. I also wish to congratulate Ron on a wonderful review. But the hell with the review. What I really want is an invitation to visit to hear them in your new listening lair in LA (since you can now get them at accommodation pricing!!)

Ron,
I'm not sure I understand what the user controls on the rear of the speaker do to allow individual room voicing. I think adjusting the bass levels are rather straightforward but are all the controls I see (volume, "Q" etc) all for the bass only? Or are there midrange and tweeter controls as well?
Marty

Thank you, Marty!

The adjustments on the woofer towers are volume, Q, low-cut (rumble filter) and mute.

There is no adjustment for the ribbon.

There is a - 1dB, flat and + 1 dB toggle switch for the tweeters.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing