Complete system for $10k that will sound good all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
I love the physical interaction of analogue. Digital is too sterile for my liking to use as a primary listening source. It's reserved for my laptop and other areas of the house as background music.

Yes I agree if you listen to digital from your laptop speakers it can be quite sterile. I recommend the system on my $10k system thread if you want to hear good digital on a budget. Soon I'll have my new $5000 system that will kill $15000 system thread up and running if that's over your budget.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
You're more than welcome to try my recommendations and see for your self if they hold weight. If you haven't noticed there's been a 100% satisfaction record from those who have tried anything I've recommended so far on this forum. So until this changes, I don't see any reason why I should stray away from how I've been doing things.

From what I understand, your claim of 100% satisfaction with your recommendations is inaccurate.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Marty (nc42acc), you put a great system together: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...d-all-day-long&p=378422&viewfull=1#post378422

We all benefit from it. If it was my system that I put together, I would be happy to have other people commenting, complimenting, criticizing, adding, subtracting, improving, recommending, suggesting, sharing, exchanging, discussing, etc. I've seen no "deconstructing" comment on your setup (gear), but few sarcastic personal comments on Mike though.
Those are unimportant, but yours are. Your thread had all the makings for a beautiful journey, and please don't blame Mike anyone; read real carefully, don't judge, be smart...see the good side of life because it's right here.

I thought KKables was good. And I had few more questions...to you and Mike in the goal to advance in my higher audio learning.
Please Marty put back your posts, so that your great setup has a chance to be fully appreciated and perhaps improved...this is what it's all about...towards the best for the money.

Cheers,

That's right Bob. We all know what the sign on the door says right?

"A forum where anything can be discussed, but you better come prepared...."

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
From what I understand, your claim of 100% satisfaction with your recommendations is inaccurate.

Who's not satisfied? If you're chasing the impossible it may be true, but if you can accept reality then I think there's been a 100% satisfaction record. If your referring to Ian's $7000 DAC purchase not matching his $140k vinyl rig like you likely are. But has he tried making quad DSD rips from his vinyl rig yet? No system will ever make the source any better than it originally was. If you subjectively prefer vinyl colorations, this is the only solution with digital. Read my sig.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Yes I agree if you listen to digital from your laptop speakers it can be quite sterile. I recommend the system on my $10k system thread if you want to hear good digital on a budget. Soon I'll have my new $5000 system that will kill $15000 system thread up and running if that's over your budget.
Whether $5K or $50K, a digital system cannot provide me with the interaction I enjoy from analogue. The physical interaction is a huge part of my enjoyment when settling in for a listening session.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Whether $5K or $50K, a digital system cannot provide me with the interaction I enjoy from analogue. The physical interaction is a huge part of my enjoyment when settling in for a listening session.

Well unfortunately my sub forum is all about sound quality and convenience. Not religious rituals.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Well unfortunately my sub forum is all about sound quality and convenience. Not religious rituals.
Oh I care very much about my analogue sound quality...

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Oh I care very much about my analogue sound quality...

You should send your collection to Bruce to rip to quad DSD then. Unless you think your vinyl rig is better than his :)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
You should send your collection to Bruce to rip to quad DSD then. Unless you think your vinyl rig is better than his :)

LOL! There really is no point in answering any further. So I'll leave you to feel complete with your 1's and 0's.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
You're more than welcome to try my recommendations and see for your self if they hold weight. If you haven't noticed there's been a 100% satisfaction record from those who have tried anything I've recommended so far on this forum. So until this changes, I don't see any reason why I should stray away from how I've been doing things.
Satisfaction is way below the standard you have set for yourself. How many satisfied customers is that? Do you have testimonials that it blew away or shamed?
Before I try it out I will let you go first.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Satisfaction is way below the standard you have set for yourself. How many satisfied customers is that? Do you have testimonials that it blew away or shamed?
Before I try it out I will let you go first.

I'm flattered you feel this way. Look around my sub forum for the positive feedback. Latest was in my $10000 system thread.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I 've read every post.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Yes I am quite the fan of a system of $10k that shames a $30-60k system. Just waiting for some confirmation.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Yes I am quite the fan of a system of $10k that shames a $30-60k system. Just waiting for some confirmation.

Well Marty had confirmed the DAC is great. Actually it was him who introduced that excellent recommendation to my sub forum, which was followed by great praise from me. It's also turned into the 2nd most popular thread on the sub forum. Several others have also confirmed as well. Joe bought the Nord amps and is fully satisfied with his purchase based on his feedback, and still hasn't heard them fully broke in yet. I'm sure he will share impressions once again after full burn in. We have several people who disclosed how happy they are with the streamer. So all that's missing is the speakers and cables. Hopefully someone will pull the trigger on any of the many recommended speakers on the thread as well and share feedback.

The $60k killer system isn't listed anywhere on the forum. It's my current personal system and nobody would be able to buy a system of this caliber for $10000 I can assure you of this. The $10K was my parts cost and it's still a bunch of PCB's not even in cases, as well as unfinished speakers. But this has no effect on how it sounds.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Getting 3 times what you paid for is an attractive proposition but seldom realized. So no one to your knowlege including you has even heard this system. Less than five have heard a portion of it.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Getting 3 times what you paid for is attractive proposition but seldom realized.so no one to your knowlege imcluding you has eve even heard this system. Less than five have heard a portion of it.

I'm not talking about my selling price of my personal system. Nothing is for sale here. Bring a $60K system over any day though and let's compare.

If you're incapable of making an educated decision based on the data provided in this sub forum, this sub forum is simply not for you. That's the bottom line.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
The $60k killer system isn't listed anywhere on the forum. It's my current personal system and nobody would be able to buy a system of this caliber for $10000 I can assure you of this. The $10K was my parts cost and it's still a bunch of PCB's not even in cases, as well as unfinished speakers. But this has no effect on how it sounds.

Show us a picture of your mad scientist setup.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
So here is a thread put up in Blizzards Corner by a member who offered a $10K system that would sound good all day. Not only was his opinion stifled but the thread was usurped and taken completely off topic that I notice the OP has removed the OP. Surely there is something wrong here Mike. There were but a few posts discussing Marty's system but you took it completely off topic. I don't think I am the only one who feels this way. Surely a member who starts a thread has some ownership

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Show us a picture of your mad scientist setup.

I've shown a picture of the 1 system a few times already. The other setup is not ready for public disclosure.

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing