Complete system for $10k that will sound good all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Who the hell is hiding significant facts my friend?

Some people just can't imagine how it could be possible to have the experience to know if something will be good or not without hearing it. I would put more weight on my judgement of a system I based on studying the products in depth, than I would of someone's subjective evaluation any day of the week. Some people think the Bose wave radio is the worlds finest audio system. And depending on the level of knowledge you have, you could very well believe them. Data speaks much louder than opinion. But the only caveat is you must possess the knowledge to understand the data. If you don't, and have no desire to learn, then Blizzard's corner is a bad place to read.

Why don't you break down every single detail of each component right to the nuts and bolt and describe in depth why it's superior? This is what I've done on my other $10000 system thread, If you want to offer a better system recommendation for the same price in my sub forum, this would be a good start.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Yes it is when you don't understand how audio gear is constructed. Kind of like how a small child knows not to touch a hot burner because they experienced the results before first hand. But my question is, how many times do we have to touch that burner, before we know whether it's a good idea or not?

You are never gonna be a top level chef if all you know is to not touch the oven

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
Not you, just the way the world works

Who the hell is hiding significant facts my friend?

I am making a comparison to the "way the world works". "hiding significant facts" has nothing to do with you! I think your posts are excellent [a true compliment & NOT patronizing], and I make sure I read nc42acc.

Why do I read Audio Forums? : to find the diamonds in the rough knowledge. You nc42acc, BruceB, DaveC, the David in Utah with the horns & turntables, Amir & >>many others<< bring-out or provide the diamonds in the rough knowledge.

This guy Blizzard, sure can be rough at times, but he does get some knowledge flowing.

Best to you nc42acc,
zz.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Good Post ?

I miss David from Utah, big time. And Blizzard's (Mike) corner is one of the best thing that has happened @ WBF since the year 2010...in the last six years.

I like the OP's original post. I like good advancing positive discussions. ...Between the OP and Mike.

nc42acc, your name's Marty, can I address you by Marty?

P.S. I just saw that you edited your first post. :confused:
And I just said that I liked it. Mike is simply contributing to it, ... I just don't understand.

There are 7.35 billion people living on our planet, very few of them are posting @ WBF. The high level of sharing is a precious commodity...

Last edited:

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
You are never gonna be a top level chef if all you know is to not touch the oven

Yes but do you really need to touch that burner 100 times to understand it will cause you pain? Does a pilot need to read the owners manual of a Boeing 747 every morning before work in order to make a safe flight?

To me subjective evaluations carry no weight without the data to back them up. I can never hear through the ears of someone else. I have no way of knowing if they can even hear at all. But I have the ability to study the data presented in order to determine if the subjective evaluation likely holds weight. This is all we can do on forums. We can't hear equipment over forums.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Not important

Marty, that's not very sportsmanlike. No need to be a party pooper. You won't win the gold metal at the rib cook off with that attitude :)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Marty, that's not very sportsmanlike. No need to be a party pooper. You won't win the gold metal at the rib cook off with that attitude :)
If that cook-off is being held within the confines of Bizzard's Corner then you are correct. After all, you are Lord of the Manor, judge and all-knowing. :p

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
If that cook-off is being held within the confines of Bizzard's Corner then you are correct. After all, you are Lord of the Manor, judge and all-knowing. :p

No you just need to bring a good recipe if you want to have a chance that's all. Sweet baby Rays isn't gonna cut it over here :)

Sweet bay rays.jpg

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Yes but do you really need to touch that burner 100 times to understand it will cause you pain? Does a pilot need to read the owners manual of a Boeing 747 every morning before work in order to make a safe flight?

To me subjective evaluations carry no weight without the data to back them up. I can never hear through the ears of someone else. I have no way of knowing if they can even hear at all. But I have the ability to study the data presented in order to determine if the subjective evaluation likely holds weight. This is all we can do on forums. We can't hear equipment over forums.
There are some opinions I would take at face value.
That said you have set the bar pretty high for yourself. Is it okay if we occasionally hold you to it?

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
No you just need to bring a good recipe if you want to have a chance that's all.
Seems to me there is no recipe good enough for you.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Seems to me there is no recipe good enough for you.

Tons of good recipes available. Great start would be on my recommended $10000 system thread. Many options available there for all tastes.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
There are some opinions I would take at face value.
That said you have set the bar pretty high for yourself. Is it okay if we occasionally hold you to it?

You're more than welcome to try my recommendations and see for your self if they hold weight. If you haven't noticed there's been a 100% satisfaction record from those who have tried anything I've recommended so far on this forum. So until this changes, I don't see any reason why I should stray away from how I've been doing things.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Tons of good recipes available. Great start would be on my recommended $10000 system thread. Many options available there for all tastes.
Of course those recipes are all yours?

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
No not one of them are mine. Every recommendation has been of other people's equipment and ideas.
Too bad I don't do digital! :p

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Too bad I don't do digital! :p

Are you afraid you might enjoy what you hear? or is it the convenience you don't like? Check out the analog rig in my sig. You will never top that. I have Bruce B's vinyl rig in it's full glory in my own living room :)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Are you afraid you might enjoy what you hear? or is it the convenience you don't like?
I love the physical interaction of analogue. Digital is too sterile for my liking to use as a primary listening source. It's reserved for my laptop and other areas of the house as background music.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Marty (nc42acc), you put a great system together: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...d-all-day-long&p=378422&viewfull=1#post378422

We all benefit from it. If it was my system that I put together, I would be happy to have other people commenting, complimenting, criticizing, adding, subtracting, improving, recommending, suggesting, sharing, exchanging, discussing, etc. I've seen no "deconstructing" comment on your setup (gear), but few sarcastic personal comments on Mike though.
Those are unimportant, but yours are. Your thread had all the makings for a beautiful journey, and please don't blame Mike anyone; read real carefully, don't judge, be smart...see the good side of life because it's right here.

I thought KKables was good. And I had few more questions...to you and Mike in the goal to advance in my higher audio learning.
Please Marty put back your posts, so that your great setup has a chance to be fully appreciated and perhaps improved...this is what it's all about...towards the best for the money.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing