Tape Meeting

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Upcoming Meetings

Feb 9th 2016 - Jeff Jacobs of J-Corder (http://www.j-corder.com/) will talk to us about the evolution of open reel tape recorders. He will bring along one or two reel-to-reel machines that he has refurbished, and play some prerecorded tapes.

Jeff rebuilds Technics and Pioneer tape decks, among others, and has recently opened a store in Gig Harbor where he will sell vintage equipment from the 70s and 80s. He has just become a dealer for the new Technics line of electronics.

For directions and times, see the Pacific Northwest Audio Society website: http://www.audiosociety.org/meeting.html

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Do I want to drive 8 hours today.... I think you guys are by far the closest audiophile to me.

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Do I want to drive 8 hours today.... I think you guys are by far the closest audiophile to me.

Hey, if you were driving a Mercedes AMG or other hot car, I'd certainly think of excuses to drive it!!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I will be driving nearly 4 hours back and forth depending on traffic. So not nearly as bad as your drive but thought I share that on the value that is there :).

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Bruce it was great to reaquaint and swap lies. We all know it's really about the Italian stable (Scuderia):D
About this particular event I have reservations.
About the PNWAS I have NO reservations at all simply the best group of audiofools to spend time with.
One thing that I found annoying/disrespectful was the presenter was constantly leaning on Garys speakers while talking about his product.
I asked Gary if he thought that the guy would care if he went up and leaned on his product for a hour if he would mind.
Gary my friend you have much more restraint than me. Gary responded with "Everyone leans on the speakers" and let it be.
Honestly I was ready to interrupt the meeting and say something.

For anyone thinking of attending it's worth it. It's more than a group of audiofools, it's a group of guys that bing the foolery to us without arrogance.
Now that I live here I will be joining and paticipating in events.
The summer BBQ is a blast.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Mike, it was great so see you last night. Glad you could make it. Sorry I had to run out fast. Hope to see you at the next meeting.

People will always lean on my speakers. They are the perfect height to lean on and get air in your pits :D - especially since they have rear-firing tweeters.

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Bruce it was great to reaquaint and swap lies. We all know it's really about the Italian stable (Scuderia):D.

Great to see you again as well. Was also nice to let you see my mythical white beast and talk shop!

Hope to see you again at future meetings!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing