Apple error 53 scam

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
you don't need a number because there is never a wait
Oh? Your Apple stores are that empty? Here by us you always have to get a number. Wait times are between 10 to 20 minutes. Some of the Apple stores give you pagers here like you get at restaurants.

You should move to a more affluent neighborhood Steve where people buy Macs steve. Seems like not much shopping happens where you are at either Microsoft or Apple stores...

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Actually you didn't read what I said. The Microsoft stores have no wait because there's never anyone in them

As far as affluent neighborhoods are concerned Amir I couldn't be happier. Retired for 9 years. Living here on the 13th fairway of our south golf course. where today it's 86. I love it. Lacking for nothing Amir.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Actually you didn't read what I said. The Microsoft stores have no wait because there's never anyone in them

As far as affluent neighborhoods are concerned Amir I couldn't be happier. Retired for 9 years. Living here on the 13th fairway of our south golf course. where today it's 86. I love it. Lacking for nothing Amir.

I often think I wouldn't have decided to retire early if they had let us use Apple laptops.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I was talking about your Apple stores not having a wait. They must be of this type:

Well, I would not be caught dead in a 'hood where there is no wait at Apple store. I will be at a dinner and the topic of the wait times at Apple store comes up with folks raving about how popular their Apple stores are given their wait time and I would have to say, "....ah, there is no wait at mine!" Rather crawl under the table than face that situation. I don't know much but I know that.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I was talking about your Apple stores not having a wait. They must be of this type:

Well, I would not be caught dead in a 'hood where there is no wait at Apple store. I will be at a dinner and the topic of the wait times at Apple store comes up with folks raving about how popular their Apple stores are given their wait time and I would have to say, "....ah, there is no wait at mine!" Rather crawl under the table than face that situation. I don't know much but I know that.

If you get the the Apple Store after school gets out for the day, then I could see where there might be a short wait. When I would go (between 10 and 3) there is no wait. As far as the Genius Bar, I just make an appointment online.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
When I would go (between 10 and 3) there is no wait. As far as the Genius Bar, I just make an appointment online.
Being a genius myself, I avoid that desk because they would try to hire me. I actually won Genius of the year award by the local newspaper and they sent me my picture with the caption as you see below:

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Being a genius myself, I avoid that desk because they would try to hire me. I actually won Genius of the year award by the local newspaper and they sent me my picture with the caption as you see below:

Too funny Amir.

I understand that based on your background a trip to the Genius Bar wouldn't be in the cards. For many of us getting immediate resolution for 95% of any issues at no cost is worth the trip.

Steve Williams

Got the finest restaurants all within a few miles of me and guarded gates at every entrance to keep the unwanted outs (if you know what I mean ;))

You just don't get that at the Microsoft stores they are empty and they love for some one to walk into the store.

I love my Apple stock Amir. I used to own (bought it same tome as Apple) Microsoft stock but sold it long ago. When I compare what the two are worth now that just brings chuckles to my face.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
He was inside the Apple store Amir and gave you thumbs up, life is good
Thanks Steve. He is a very talented and original comedian. I am glad Apple is seeing fit to use him in that outfit to drum up business in their slower/old folk mall stores. Seeing how you say life is good, it must be working....

Steve Williams

Thanks Steve. He is a very talented and original comedian. I am glad Apple is seeing fit to use him in that outfit to drum up business in their slower/old folk mall stores. Seeing how you say life is good, it must be working....

Sasha was just telling you life is good

I thought Sasha's bubbly face and gesticulation was so good I have asked them to put one at each of the guard gates here at Coto in case you get lost ;)

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I thought Sasha's bubbly face and gesticulation was so good I have asked them to put one at each of the guard gates here at Coto in case you get lost ;)
Sounds like man crush to me. No shame in that Steve. The man is attractive to many or he would not pose that way all the time. Enjoy it.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
iPhone 6 update: I just had the touch screen/glass replaced on my iPhone 6. Without Applecare, extended warranty or anything, it only cost me $109. I had thought I would have to by an entire new phone for $600+. That was a very nice surprise. Mid afternoon in the store. Lots of people but plenty of employees, so the wait (without taking numbers) was about three minutes. They replaced the parts while I waited with no prior appointment. I also bought a black leather case so that the phone is much less slippery and it is not very bulky.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the customer service. The repair cost and wait time were very reasonable, IMO, and all is back to normal.

I still don't know what error 53 is, and I find the Microsoft/Apple back and forth between the site founders to be quite amusing. The man crush insinuations are really funny in a reciprocal kind of way. I'm sure, I think, that they are meant in jest. East Coast humor is a bit different.

I asked if there are any Microsoft stores in the mall, and no one seemed to think so.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing