Super Bowl 2016

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
As sad as I was for Cam Newton and the Panthers.That is how happy I was for Demarcus Ware and Peyton Manning. I had changed my pick but was stIll pulling .for Cam.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
it was a replay of the Seattle-Denver Super Bowl 2 years ago only Seattle had a higher power offense than Denver had this year. but same result. Seattle took Denver out of their offense completely (Denver could not pass) and Denver took Carolina out of their offense completely (Carolina could not run).

stifling defense shuts down offense.

Cam Newton is semi one dimensional like Payton and his offense was 2 years ago. you take away what they do best and they have little answers.

I agree.
Finally how about getting Cam some weapons. Those receivers were not open and when Cam threaded the needle they could not catch it. And what's up with those running plays? If you looked in Cams' eyes he never had it.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
what a terrific half time show. The crowd was really into it

I like Beyonce but those outfits don't become her figure

Ga Ga can sing, but I'll have to respectfully disagree on this one. That halftime show looked like a bad scene from a bad broadway musical. If that's what they're going to do with them, it's time for serious artists to start turning down the SB. Pop tarts only.

Tim

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
I'm with Tim on this one.

Was Chris Martin auditioning for the role of Golum in an upcoming LOTR movie? He was hunched over the entire time. The entire thing looked a little thrown together at the last minute. I mentioned that they may have not been able to deal with how light it was. Recent shows made use of darkness/indoor stadiums and plenty of lighting and special effects. All they had in this one was that stage. Also the montage of past performances was haphazard and cut very oddly, at least to me.

Ga Ga can sing, but I'll have to respectfully disagree on this one. That halftime show looked like a bad scene from a bad broadway musical. If that's what they're going to do with them, it's time for serious artists to start turning down the SB. Pop tarts only.

Tim

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
I agree, I thought the HT show was awful. I was wondering if Chris Martin was capable of standing up, weird. The whole thing was weird. A light show! How about getting up in stage and just perform? Make your singing and playing the center of attention, rather than a light show with the performers drowned in a sea of extras.

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
I thought the commercials mundane at best and just plain weird at times ("puppy-monkey-baby", really?) We pigged out on snack stuff my wife made during halftime so I didn't watch much of it; what I did was not appealing to me. (How's that for weasel-wording?)

In the end, it doesn't matter particularly to me, because WE WON!!! :D

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I agree, I thought the HT show was awful. I was wondering if Chris Martin was capable of standing up, weird. The whole thing was weird. A light show! How about getting up in stage and just perform? Make your singing and playing the center of attention, rather than a light show with the performers drowned in a sea of extras.

what can I say. I was in the mood, watching the game outside in 85 degree weather. We were all rocking

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Coldplay is the lamest of bands, but at the Superbowl party I went to people seemed to love the halftime show. I thought the montage was the best part. Bruno can really dance.

Some of you guys must be too old :)

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk
I was hoping cold play were to be used as a ritual sacrifice but alas I stayed up for nothing...

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
what can I say. I was in the mood, watching the game outside in 85 degree weather. We were all rocking

Yeah, I heard the weather was great. My wife was in SF and San Jose on business Thursday, Friday and Saturday. A friend of hers has an incredible place at the top of a mountain they topped off. The pictures show an incredible view. She did not go to the game as she has even less interest in sports than she has in hi-fi plus it takes nearly 30 minutes to drive off that mountain. Picked her up at the airport in Philly and grabbed some dinner and was in front of the screen in my HT room and watched the carnage. Memo to Jeff Lurie and the Iggles: defense wins!

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Coldplay is the lamest of bands, but at the Superbowl party I went to people seemed to love the halftime show. I thought the montage was the best part. Bruno can really dance.

Some of you guys must be too old :)

Yes he can, even if he is no Jackie Wilson in that regard. Damn close though.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I agree. The montage sans how Beyonce was dressed well done. I know she thinks that is her "assets" but it is a getting a bit much.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Tim

? http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ck-panther-party-at-super-bowl-halftime-show/
? http://www.theonion.com/article/super-bowl-halftime-show-marred-functioning-sound--52312
? http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/beyonce-coldplay-super-bowl-50-halftime-show-bruno-mars

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Steve, I'm outside right now...barefoot, shorts and t-shirt...it's 60 degree (15° Canadian).
Earlier this afternoon it was 85° American degrees (F), or 30° Celsius, right on my deck.

I live in Canada (Igloo country), on Vancouver Island (West coast), south. And it's February 08, 2016 (middle of Winter).
Today I put screens on all my windows, opened them up all wide open, and sat on my couch outside on my veranda contemplating the wildlife in activity and the lake and mountain views. The flower buds were out two months ago, all yellow now.

Global warming? I think so.

It's a different mood, usually, between sunny blue sky/warm, covered sky/rain and dark grey sky/cold and snow.
So yes, it can alter our perception during halftime. :b

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing