MIT upgrade help needed,

graystoke4

Apr 28, 2011
uk nottingham
hi i am going to upgrade my interconnects this year,at the moment i have shotgun MA, just to say i am in England,the shoot out is between MIT matrix oracle 50, MIT oracle v1.3, and a second hand pair of MIT oracle MA-X rev1, these i think are my front runners, as i am in England these are all of a similar price point, i know the MA-X has the most poles, but it is an old model, buying new from the state's means i will be paying 1£ for 1$, not good and i think i will have to pay 22% import duty, any help will be appreciated ,my system is Wilson audio Sasha's mk1, Spectral 30ss s2,Spectral 360 s2, Esoteric x03 se,thanks andy i play mostly anything rock based

Last edited:

Billy Shears

Jul 27, 2015
The consensus seems to be that the Matrix is better than the V1.3 Range. Personally i disagree with this, as i have always prefered the soundstage and Imaging of the 1,2,3 Line up to the MA / Matrix line which focuses more on Timbral fidelity.

At the end of the day it depends on your personal taste, as these cables are just voiced differently. I can't comment on the MAX- as this is above my paygrade. Mabe you will find that it is the best of both worlds.

Hope this helps

scouter

Member Sponsor
Oct 30, 2012
Wrightsville Beach, NC
I had your system driving Magico S5s for some time with Spectral-MIT 350 and 770 UL2 first, and Matrix 50 ic -Rev 90 speaker cables later. The Matrix 50 RCA cables (ran at 5 meters and bought at a set low impedance) were just outstanding. I have not heard the oracle v series. There is a very natural presentation of music the MA50s offers. You will listen for hours on end, and never tire of the detail offered. YMMV as this is IMHO
hi i am going to upgrade my interconnects this year,at the moment i have shotgun MA, just to say i am in England,the shoot out is between MIT matrix oracle 50, MIT oracle v1.3, and a second hand pair of MIT oracle MA-X rev1, these i think are my front runners, as i am in England these are all of a similar price point, i know the MA-X has the most poles, but it is an old model, buying new from the ststes means i will be paying 1£ for 1$, not good and i think i will have to pay 22% import duty, any help will be appreciated ,my system is Wilson audio Sasha's mk1, Spectral 30ss s2,Spectral 360 s2, Esoteric x03 se,thanks andy i play mostly anything rock based

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing