Entreq Tellus grounding,in england

Status
Not open for further replies.

BE718

Sep 30, 2015
Hello BE718, if you have no noise in your system then why do you present a position that this unit does nothing at all? Without hearing it, might I add. Just curious as to why you would be so involved within the discussion...

Tom

Just to correct, I said I dont have a noise problem. The noise floor in my system is commensurate with the products known performance. There are no significant spuria or mains components. My position is not what you said.

I can see no reason for this box to do anything of technical merit beyond what can be achieved with cheap normal cable and a connector block. The more pertinent question is what is wrong in your system that would make this box necessary (assuming it does anything).

Its easily demonstrable that a box of this nature is not necessary to achieve low noise levels.

Why am I involved? I find this product one of the more curiously amusing hifi tweaks in an area where I have many years of directly relevant experience.

Please insert any ulterior motive you deem fit ;)

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
it's rather a pity you didn't intervene in a similar manner when "kitty litter", entrails & other denigrating remarks were being used by members? What exactly were they contributing?
I did:

I thought saying kitty litter was comical. It's a joke.
I think the joke value was lost way back and it is clearly seen as a derogatory term. So message to all: let's not use it please.

And prior to that to Keith:
That said, Keith please don't tease the other camp. Nothing good comes out of it. It creates a ton of work for us behind the scenes, and angst and aggravation between membership.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Until such a time as someone has something new and substantive to add I am going to close this thread
How would they be able to indicate that when they can't post in the thread?

As the only person who can post in a closed thread, I will continue to do so. It is up to you Steve if you don't want anyone else to be able to contribute....

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
So thinking overnight, I thought of a way to solve the quandary of how to evaluate a high-end version of Entreq while being able to look inside of it. I thought instead of doing either or, we could do both.

I asked P-O if his kind offer is still on the table and if so, to send me a model of his choosing for evaluation. I will not open that unit and will evaluated it using listening tests and measurements. Depending on how that goes I may also get a cheaper unit to open and look inside.

I'll start to think about how to test the unit although my experience is that it is best to have the unit in hand and figure out the course based on data developed at the time.

For the people who own the device and have heard its effect on digital content, please PM me with specific albums/tracks to use for my listening tests.

Finally I hope to post the details of my audio system next week. It is something I have never done and am not comfortable doing for personal reasons. But there is this consistent request for it so I will go ahead.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Any member who wishes to add a comment to a closed thread may PM one of the administrative team with their request. The team will then decide if it should be added (will it provide value).

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing