The Direct to Disc thread

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
My friend, please don't speak like a politician with so heavy words and don't change the facts for blaming me.. "rubbish" and "Chinese crap" goes to vinyl records and NOT to people they own them and 'love'..I DO respect all members but I have also learned to tell straight and clearly my opinion independently who is in front of me..

At last it' s a men's forum. what is the 'acceptable' way, to say "what an angelic voice coming out from a garden with red poppies" ??

I do have an old Fiat car and adore it, do you mean if someone tells me that it's a crap shall I feel affected ?? comeooooonnnnn..

Manos_Bits, you have had some VERY strong opinions upon entering my thread...none of them state --"In My Humble Opinion"---or even IMHO:rolleyes:.
Your opinion ( and that is precisely what it is...and nothing more) is that ALL of the Sheffield Lab Direct to Disc LP's are crap. My opinion is that you are talking out of your backside when it comes to these LP's.
One thing I hope that we will agree upon, is that we are both entitled to our opinion.:cool:

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Folks, don't engage him

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Manos_Bits, you have had some VERY strong opinions upon entering my thread...none of them state --"In My Humble Opinion"---or even IMHO:rolleyes:.
Your opinion ( and that is precisely what it is...and nothing more) is that ALL of the Sheffield Lab Direct to Disc LP's are crap. My opinion is that you are talking out of your backside when it comes to these LP's.
One thing I hope that we will agree upon, is that we are both entitled to our opinion.:cool:

Davey,
I have to say the irony is thick here. You're angry that someone entered "your thread" and crapped on product "you like." You reap what you sow my friend. Stop trolling on threads of products you don't like (horns, SME 3012R. etc) and maybe people will refrain from doing it to you on "your threads."

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Davey,
I have to say the irony is thick here. You're angry that someone entered "your thread" and crapped on product "you like." You reap what you sow my friend. Stop trolling on threads of products you don't like (horns, SME 3012R. etc) and maybe people will refrain from doing it to you on "your threads."

Jeffery, look up the word Troll...as I am very certain that you need to understand the term...and while you're at it...how about looking up the words..ad hominem.
Like I said, and which you clearly failed to read in my post ( or maybe you just did not understand them)...I believe STRONGLY that Manos_Bits is entitled to his opinion...as are you...but i guess I'm not, isn't that right- when it comes to the old war horse that you love so much!
So therefore take a look in the mirror before posting your usual excrement.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Jeffery, look up the word Troll...as I am very certain that you need to understand the term...and while you're at it...how about looking up the words..ad hominem.
Like I said, and which you clearly failed to read in my post ( or maybe you just did not understand them)...I believe STRONGLY that Manos_Bits is entitled to his opinion...as are you...but i guess I'm not, isn't that right- when it comes to the old war horse that you love so much!
So therefore take a look in the mirror before posting your usual excrement.

I love this response. Thank you.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
Like in so many other subjects, communication style is critical. I can say something like "I prefer speakers other than horns" or I can say "horns sound like crap". The first is stating your preference the second is "name calling" and I was of the (maybe mistaken) perception that WBF strongly fround on "name calling".

Reminds me of an old boss who once said: "you know you've said it wrong if you can finish a sentence with 'comma, a$$hole' ".

A bit of that going on here.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I do have an old Fiat car and adore it, do you mean if someone tells me that it's a crap shall I feel affected ?? comeooooonnnnn..

In hifi often the problem is people have a fiat, think they have a Bentley, so take offense when told they have a fiat

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Like in so many other subjects, communication style is critical. I can say something like "I prefer speakers other than horns" or I can say "horns sound like crap". The first is stating your preference the second is "name calling" and I was of the (maybe mistaken) perception that WBF strongly fround on "name calling".

Reminds me of an old boss who once said: "you know you've said it wrong if you can finish a sentence with 'comma, a$$hole' ".

A bit of that going on here.

I agree with this, and I think if anyone looks at my long posting history, I have used these terms on numerous occasions...IMHO. --maybe more than all other posters on this forum...so much so that other members have called me out for it!
Unfortunately, it appears that there are some members here who don't like it ( Will not accept it...under any circumstances) when you have an opinion that is contradictory to theirs, and as such feel it is ok to attack the poster...and not the post. The word 'Troll' then comes into their ongoing vocabulary...and so the victim of their ire is now a Troll. All IMHO...;)

In my humble opinion, we should now get this thread back on track.:D

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
This just arrived. Bought it from the recommendation of Manos. Superb performance. The musicians were really going at it. I enjoy the performance more than sonic attributes of this direct to disc. No microphone zoom in kind of sound.

1BF6017F-F3F4-4E7A-8D43-80705692B37B.jpg

Tang :)

Reactions: Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Apr 13, 2014
ATHENS - GREECE
www.aca.gr
This just arrived. Bought it from the recommendation of Manos. Superb performance. The musicians were really going at it. I enjoy the performance more than sonic attributes of this direct to disc. No microphone zoom in kind of sound.

Tang :)

! ! ! :) :) :) ! ! !

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The first RR LP is a Direct to Disc. I believe Prof. Johnson was not yet involved in this.

14079469_10205523941097986_4472989818539796156_n.jpg

14138760_10205523941257990_3252498754785705226_o.jpg

14053856_10205523941457995_7267129629718905369_o.jpg

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I haven’t heard this LP. Thanks for posting, looks very interesting . What are your thoughts on the SQ?
Sure, Davey. The sound quality is as good as it gets. Excellent. Something you'd expect from a direct to disc record.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Had this for the longest time, and this is a 'unique' D2D in that it has a Cubano Japanese band playing Latin music, produced with Japanese recording engineers. :) Quite awesome sonics, crystal clear, super dynamics, and you get to hear the conductor grunts once in a while in between cuts, he was feelin' it. :D

viber image.jpg

viber ima.jpg

Manos_Bits

Apr 13, 2014
ATHENS - GREECE
www.aca.gr
Had this for the longest time, and this is a 'unique' D2D in that it has a Cubano Japanese band playing Latin music, produced with Japanese recording engineers. :) Quite awesome sonics, crystal clear, super dynamics, and you get to hear the conductor grunts once in a while in between cuts, he was feelin' it. :D

this is a Toshiba Records ?– LF series like Jun Fukamachi ?– Jun Fukamachi At Steinway (Toshiba Records ?– LF-95001) I mention first in my D2D recomendations here.. fantastic quality records..

120537177033.jpg

Last edited:

Manos_Bits

Apr 13, 2014
ATHENS - GREECE
www.aca.gr
and just to remind to all of us, the way we can discrete a Direct to Disk recordings is the lack of tape 'hiss' in the beginning and in the middle-spaces between tracks, that is totally eliminated in D2D records, physically by the absence of a tape recorder (both multichannel and 2 channel)!! If we have a mint D2D record there is nothing but absolute silence before and between the music tracks..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing