Analog Domain

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Hi all,

I wonder whether anyone on the forum owns or has heard the Analog Domain products?

I first heard their integrated amplifier powering some Alexias with a DCS Vivaldi front end and was enormously impressed with the authority the amplifier had over the fairly taxing Alexia load - seemingly grabbing them by the balls and throwing them around without seemingly breaking sweat.

I then heard their 3 very well-endowed monoblocks in Munich - driving the Gobel speakers very cleanly but amazingly musically.

Anyway - with that in mind and wishing to simplify my system, I auditioned the integrated in my system on Friday and over the weekend. I was superbly impressed with the consummate ease with which they drove my Maestro Utopias to epic levels very cleanly - almost dangerously so. It seemed to enjoy being opened up - not sure whether it is the circuit, but there was a point at which it seemed to lock into the room that I had not heard before with my monster Krells. Like an energy in the atmosphere of the room - quite a cool sensation.

Anyway - I decided to purchase as it really was magnificent. Oh and did I say build quality - my goodness the Germans really do know what they are doing. Fabulous construction up there with Esoteric I would say.

Below you will find the carnage. Ha.

image.jpg

Cheers,

Bill

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Congratulations Bill, I wish you joy of your new gear, I know just what you mean by an energised atmosphere :cool:

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Wow, congrats! Always read great things about this brand and their products!
Interesting that you got the integrated, and it wasn't intimidated by those Krells there :)

cheers,
alex

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Don't forget to mention you have shun mooks below it

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Wow, congrats! Always read great things about this brand and their products!
Interesting that you got the integrated, and it wasn't intimidated by those Krells there :)

cheers,
alex

Hi Alex,

It is frankly ridiculous - those Krells could vaporise it. The Krells have 6kw of transformer in each monoblock and put out enough power to supply my village :) Yet despite all that - the Analog Domain actually sounds more powerful and in control of the drivers. Very strange indeed - you would not believe it until you hear it.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Don't forget to mention you have shun mooks below it

They are everywhere Bonz - all over the room never mind underneath it :)

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Hi Alex,

It is frankly ridiculous - those Krells could vaporise it. The Krells have 6kw of transformer in each monoblock and put out enough power to supply my village :) Yet despite all that - the Analog Domain actually sounds more powerful and in control of the drivers. Very strange indeed - you would not believe it until you hear it.

Hahaha! I believe you, only because I've seen the same thing happen (puny darTZeel 108 beat two big Soulution monoblocs)!!

cheers,
alex

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Hahaha! I believe you, only because I've seen the same thing happen (puny darTZeel 108 beat two big Soulution monoblocs)!!

cheers,
alex

I am scratching my head wondering how can this be - still no idea. I notice that it has a very high damping factor marked as >1000 on the website - dunno whether that means anything vis a vis the Krell. I also know it has some weird circuit that is able to unleash a lot of current - that said it still could not have the current of the Krell. All very weird but great.

Jiujitsu35

Feb 21, 2016
Hi Bill,
I have had my Analog Domain Isis for 2 months now and loving the sound that I'm getting out of it. I have grounded it with a Tripoint Troy and it took it to another level.

stereotype

Jun 13, 2016
Frankfurt / Germany
audio-monster.de
Hola Senior Bill,

i heard the 3 Monoblocks from Analog Domain also at the High-End in Munich with the Goebel System, it was in 2013 and 2015, very impressive.
In 2016 Goebel chosed at the High-End show CH Precision Mono Amps and the complete Electronic from CH Precision. This was not bad, but the Analog Domain Setup
was for me more convincing. Goebel used in 2016 2 "smaller" Subs. In 2013 and 2015 (i missed the show in 2014) was only 1 big Tower Sub.

k-IMG_4924.JPG

k-IMG_4925.JPG

saludos
Thomas

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your comments. I think the AD amps are really extraordinary. The new M75D (formerly Isis) has had a lot of new mods now lifting performance even further - I think snr is -130db now! Grip and resolution are stunning. The bonus that no one talks about is a reference level headphone amp in there too.

Bobbi

Mar 5, 2016
Hi Bill,
Congrats on the AD Integrated.
By chance have you ever tried a second unit ? I find it pretty amazing that this integrated can be used as monoblock. talk about versatility!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing