TTs with multiple tonearms

Luiz Felipe

Jan 30, 2014
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Strange.....I can find nothing about this on the Bergmann Website...?

The model name is Gauder, is a brand new project will be available from February, the website was not updated yet !

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Do you ever put two cartridges down on the same record at different points :p

I have a pair of 12" Durand Telos tone arms on my NVS tt, and a pair of identical phono stages in my dart preamp. so I can queue up both arms on a record and switch back and forth between them on the same cut. makes it easy to directly compare cartridges. my two Telos arms are not exactly the same, so that is a variable.

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
PBN GROOVE MASTER with VPI DD motor and platter, with overbuilt custom power supply.

Cheers....... IMG_0029.JPG

topoxforddoc

Feb 20, 2015
Cheltenham, UK
Do you ever put two cartridges down on the same record at different points :p

Yes, I have done that on a number of occasions with my Platine Verdier - Schroeder Model 2 + Allaerts MC1B into the onboard MC phone on a TRON Meteor and vintage 1970s Hadcock 228 + John Wright rebuilt Decca FFSS MkIV C4E fine line into a TRON Seven reference phono. My preference varies according to the music genre and LP recording.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Two turntables I am familiar with;

Avid Acutus: Now has an arm board for two tonearms
Clearaudio Master Innovation: 3 tonearm capability.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Bump. Reminder to update this as well

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
It almost seems commercial suicide these days if a new turntable does not have the ability to have two tonearms.

o0OS56D.jpg

PzOobdu.jpg

Reactions: wbass

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing