installing 7 Furutech GTX-D NFC (R) outlets this morning

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Looking for a recommendation where to buy the NCF wall outlet kit. I just need one duplex ncf Outlet, the mounting plate and the CF cover. TIA

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Looking for a recommendation where to buy the NCF wall outlet kit. I just need one duplex ncf Outlet, the mounting plate and the CF cover. TIA

Joe Pittman from Kosmic Audio is a WBF member and my Furutech dealer and sold me all mine (and installed them too). he is very knowledgeable and stays up with all the latest stuff like this. he also retrofitted all my Absolute Fidelity power cables, and Evolution Acoustics power cables, with NCF plugs.

http://www.kosmic.us/

DaveC, our member who sells cables, is also a Furutech dealer.

btw; send David K. an NCF IEC receptacle to be installed in your American Sounds controller. it will sound better. you want his builder to install it to prevent any issue going forward.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Joe Pittman from Kosmic Audio is a WBF member and my Furutech dealer and sold me all mine (and installed them too). he is very knowledgeable and stays up with all the latest stuff like this. he also retrofitted all my Absolute Fidelity power cables, and Evolution Acoustics power cables, with NCF plugs.

btw; send David K. an NCF IEC receptacle to be installed in your American Sounds controller. it will sound better. you want his builder to install it to prevent any issue going forward.

Furutec has the new NFC Connector Cable Holder out. You and Christian might want to be the first squad to try :p. I can follow later if you dont walkout bleeding.

Tang

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY

Which receptical...the one on the controller box that you plug the one end of the power cord into ?

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Furutec has the new NFC Connector Cable Holder out. You and Christian might want to be the first squad to try :p. I can follow later if you dont walkout bleeding.

Tang

I saw them....thinking about inventing my own guerilla warfare style on the cheap...lol

knghifi

Dec 6, 2014
ZenWave Audio. I had Dave replaced all the IECs and outlets on 3 power distributors with NCFs.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
NCF booster:

http://www.furutech.com/2017/09/29/15585/

I have not tried it out yet but expect the results to exceed my expectations if it's anything like the rest of the NCF parts.

Furutech also has a new, very advanced power cable that competes with cables at any price when terminated with NCF plugs. It's $450/m so not cheap but much less than many other high end PCs. I am offering the best deal out there on terminated DPS-4 cables...

http://www.furutech.com/2017/05/10/14783/

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=152433.0

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
The NCF Booster is available to order if you want to reserve them. I don't have an exact date you'll get them but it shouldn't be long before the first order arrives, then shipments will arrive every few weeks as production continues. I do not know how many orders have been placed already, but if it's anything like the GTX NCF receptacles the demand will exceed supply for several months and none will be available for immediate shipment until supply catches up.

This also means that it will be easy to quickly resell them if they don't work for you during this time, but if the NCF Boosters are anything like all the other NCF products it's much more likely you'll be placing orders for more of them. ;)

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
What's the retail on the booster please ?

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Thank you

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
NCF booster:

http://www.furutech.com/2017/09/29/15585/

I have not tried it out yet but expect the results to exceed my expectations if it's anything like the rest of the NCF parts.

Furutech also has a new, very advanced power cable that competes with cables at any price when terminated with NCF plugs. It's $450/m so not cheap but much less than many other high end PCs. I am offering the best deal out there on terminated DPS-4 cables...

Nice..about time someone offers a top notch PC for a reasonable price.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States

I've been experimenting with a single DPS-4 power cord on my VTL 7.5 III preamp and am impressed thus far. As we know, the cord itself is but one part of the PC equation. The other part is the connectors that are used on each end. Along this line of thinking, I have found that what the PC is plugged into at each end may also be important in determining the optimum connector to use. In fact, the ideal connectors just might be different at each end of the PC. Some of my rationalization regarding the choice of connectors at each end can be found here:

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?23376-Fun-with-Metallurgy&highlight=metallurgy

While the experiments above led me to conclude that my preference for AC outlets was copper base metal with no plating, a recent experience at Gian's (Gian60) in Italy this past summer contributed as well to my current thinking., I was truly impressed when I heard Gian's system and learned that his power cords, made for him by a friend, used Furutech's FI-11 pure copper male connectors rather than one's plated with gold or rhodium (which I eschew). It's always difficult to attribute the sound of something to a particular component in a system that one is hearing for the first time, but there was something about the purity and naturalness of Gian's power delivery that made me think I should explore those FI-11 connectors at some point.

That's exactly what I've done with the DPS-4. For now, the FI-11 male connector with that cable has provided sonic results that are superior to everything else I've tried with the DPS-4. Keep in mind that's its work in progress as I am still exploring what might be the optimum metal to use on the IEC connector, which couples to a gold plated connector in my preamp as opposed to a copper AC receptacle. Hence, I'm exploring the FI-11 female connector (which is phosphobronze and not pure copper), and assorted other connectors such as the Oyaide 004 (copper/platinum/palladium) and Furutech FI-28 (copper/gold). But for now, I think I've got the male plug side of the equation solved with the pure copper FI-11 thanks to hearing it in Gian's system. BTW, this is also the least expensive of the Furutech plug line!

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I've been experimenting with a single DPS-4 power cord on my VTL 7.5 III preamp and am impressed thus far. As we know, the cord itself is but one part of the PC equation. The other part is the connectors that are used on each end. Along this line of thinking, I have found that what the PC is plugged into at each end may also be important in determining the optimum connector to use. In fact, the ideal connectors just might be different at each end of the PC. Some of my rationalization regarding the choice of connectors at each end can be found here:

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?23376-Fun-with-Metallurgy&highlight=metallurgy

While the experiments above led me to conclude that my preference for AC outlets was copper base metal with no plating, a recent experience at Gian's (Gian60) in Italy this past summer contributed as well to my current thinking., I was truly impressed when I heard Gian's system and learned that his power cords, made for him by a friend, used Furutech's FI-11 pure copper male connectors rather than one's plated with gold or rhodium (which I eschew). It's always difficult to attribute the sound of something to a particular component in a system that one is hearing for the first time, but there was something about the purity and naturalness of Gian's power delivery that made me think I should explore those FI-11 connectors at some point.

That's exactly what I've done with the DPS-4. For now, the FI-11 male connector with that cable has provided sonic results that are superior to everything else I've tried with the DPS-4. Keep in mind that's its work in progress as I am still exploring what might be the optimum metal to use on the IEC connector, which couples to a gold plated connector in my preamp as opposed to a copper AC receptacle. Hence, I'm exploring the FI-11 female connector (which is phosphobronze and not pure copper), and assorted other connectors such as the Oyaide 004 (copper/platinum/palladium) and Furutech FI-28 (copper/gold). But for now, I think I've got the male plug side of the equation solved with the pure copper FI-11 thanks to hearing it in Gian's system. BTW, this is also the least expensive of the Furutech plug line!

Nice, good info! I offer the FPX(Cu) receptacle, which is unplated phosphor bronze, as a budget option and I like it better vs any of the "hospital grade" units. I can see the FI-11M working out well being pure copper instead of bronze but you'll have to use something to prevent corrosion like Caig progold or Furutech nano-fluid which will change the sound a bit. I've tried periodic cleaning of unplated plugs on some other non-audio appliances with poor results... once the surface has tarnished it comes back way faster the next time since the surface isn't as resistant anymore. But if you find a something you like to protect the metal and apply it every 6 mo or so you could keep the plug from corroding. I'd hesitate to offer the plug on my cables as I can't be sure the owner of the cable will maintain the metal properly and once it's tarnished it's basically ruined as the surface will never be the same again. OTOH, hospital grade receptacles will quickly scratch through plating on male plugs anyways, so if someone uses these receptacles it will always be a problem as they mar the surface of the plug which will encourage corrosion. This is one plus for rhodium, it's a harder material vs gold and won't wear down as quickly. I still think you should try the NCF plugs though, they are the most neutral plugs I've tried by far. ;)

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Nice, good info! I offer the FPX(Cu) receptacle, which is unplated phosphor bronze, as a budget option and I like it better vs any of the "hospital grade" units. I can see the FI-11M working out well being pure copper instead of bronze but you'll have to use something to prevent corrosion like Caig progold or Furutech nano-fluid which will change the sound a bit. I've tried periodic cleaning of unplated plugs on some other non-audio appliances with poor results... once the surface has tarnished it comes back way faster the next time since the surface isn't as resistant anymore. But if you find a something you like to protect the metal and apply it every 6 mo or so you could keep the plug from corroding. I'd hesitate to offer the plug on my cables as I can't be sure the owner of the cable will maintain the metal properly and once it's tarnished it's basically ruined as the surface will never be the same again. OTOH, hospital grade receptacles will quickly scratch through plating on male plugs anyways, so if someone uses these receptacles it will always be a problem as they mar the surface of the plug which will encourage corrosion. This is one plus for rhodium, it's a harder material vs gold and won't wear down as quickly. I still think you should try the NCF plugs though, they are the most neutral plugs I've tried by far. ;)

Thanks Dave. I should have specified that my AC receptacle is a Shunyata CopperConn (not yet released commercially) which is copper flashed with nickel to prevent corrosion as you stated correctly can occur with copper. I will indeed try and keep my male plug treated periodically with ProGold. But, damn yer killin' me and I might just have to try the NCF plugs so I can but this to rest. (I've only tried the AC connectors). If I could return them, it would be a no-brainer, but I don't need expensive paper-weights so I'll continue to mull it over. But thanks for your persistence. I guess sometimes you can drag a horse to water AND make him drink. :)

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you for figuring this stuff out, Marty (at least as it applies to your system), because Lord knows I would never have the patience!

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Marty

Awhile back u were touting an AudioArt pc. How does the DPS-4 compare?

ayreman

Jan 2, 2017
Ukraine
How come no one is saying anything about Furutech's suppressor CF-080? Hasn't anyone tried it yet? If so, what did you discover?

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Ayreman, are you referring to Furutech NCF Booster on the Concert Fidelity CF-080? If so, I have been testing exactly this today. I will keep this booster, it has a positive effect for certain. Cleaner, focused sound, seperation of instruments, get another to use on Allnic H3000. These are my listening notes, i could not detect a negative so far, but test will continue..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing