installing 7 Furutech GTX-D NFC (R) outlets this morning

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I was told that the new Oyaide M1/F1 has more resolution than NCF but more warm on the same time.
Any experience?

View attachment 34480

The Oyaide M1/F1 uses the same metals and plating as the P004/C004 series (beryllium copper with palladium over platinum) but with different housing materials. I'm not sure how much the body materials contribute to the sound but my guess is that the two families are very similar. I find it to be a superb connector in specific applications. Beautiful top end. Give them and try and let us know what you think! Dave C loves the Furutech FP S55N AC cable. That cable and the Oyaide connectors are something I'd love to try.

Last edited:

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
One of the best things about the Furutech NCF parts is the reduction in noise and distortion vs everything else, they also do away with the slight polished sound the non-NCF parts had. I wonder if Oyaide can match that?!

marty, DPS-4 is also on the way... this looks amazing... top end copper w/ special winding geometry, teflon, etc... :)

Photobucket now wants $400/year for 3rd party hosting... no warning. Now I need to find another photo hosting service. Any ideas? :)

BTW, the graphic above is a LIE. My 3rd party hosting has been reduced to ZERO, it's not maxed out, it's simply not allowed AT ALL anymore. I am so mad right now.

Last edited:

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
I was told that the new Oyaide M1/F1 has more resolution than NCF but more warm on the same time.
Any experience?

View attachment 34480

From my experience of offering power cord models with both NCF and Oyaide 004 plugsets (which the M/F1 share their sonically critical contact sections with), I would say that the NCF offers the greater resolution (and spacial awareness) but the Oyaide sounds denser, which some may perceive as warmth. I do not perceive the different barrel covers of the M/F1 to add significantly to the sound quality of the 004, nor did the Acrolink covers compared to the donor 046 plugset. The metallurgy is the driver of performance.

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Very good feedback !!!
Thank you Sablon.
I'm thinking to purchase my new Siltech RMii with the Oyaides.
As the rest of my Siltech PC's are all NCF and Rhodium i have already a great resolution.

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
Another point to bear in mind is that the 004 schuko plug is considerably more expensive than its USA equivalent due to the relatively low production volumes. You might find that an NCF schuko plus 004 iec will give you a good blend of their respective virtues for a similar overall cost.

Last edited:

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
The metallurgy is the driver of performance.

I used to think that but Furutech proved me wrong. I'd agree metallurgy is by far THE most important factor but if you try Furutech's regular products that have the same "guts" and electrical contacts as their CF/FI-50 line you'll find the differences can be huge, especially with AC power parts. Some examples...

-NCF vs non-NCF, same electrical contacts but NCF parts are noticeably better.

-FI-50 vs FI-28(R) Same guts, FI-50 is in a whole 'nother league.

-CF-102 vs FP-108 Same exact plug, different locking barrel/body, CF-102 is better.

-CF-601/602 vs FP-601/602 Same guts, different body. CF body makes a noticeable difference.

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Has anyone found a significant difference in effects between the Furutech 104-D and 105-D carbon fiber covers, the 105 being also the NCF version?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
I ask about the comparison because the 104-D is going for about 1/3 the price of the 105-D (don't ask - can't give away all my secrets ;). Actually, the 104-D is described as a "Duplex Receptacle Cover Eutectic Stainless Steel with Carbon Fiber for Ultimate Dampening and EMI/RF Rejection," while the 105-D is simply given as carbon fiber (entirely?).

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
I'm looking at replacing the power inlets on a PS Audio P5, Directstream dac and Oppo 203, and maybe a pair of ATC SCM19AT active speakers. I know the FI-06 inlets are larger than standard and either the inlet or case would have to be filed down. What about the FI-09 series: they are larger, but in what dimensions and what extra DIY would they require? Thanks,

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I'm looking at replacing the power inlets on a PS Audio P5, Directstream dac and Oppo 203, and maybe a pair of ATC SCM19AT active speakers. I know the FI-06 inlets are larger than standard and either the inlet or case would have to be filed down. What about the FI-09 series: they are larger, but in what dimensions and what extra DIY would they require? Thanks,

I've used both... 06 and 09 are about the same size, 06 is set-screw and 09 has the curved wire clamps similar to a receptacle. I have not compared both in the same component though. Either should be easy to fit, just a little filing and a couple holes for the screws.

I also have both 104 and 105 covers, 105 is a totally different design and an improvement but it's not a huge night and day difference or anything.

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Thanks, Dave. Are you saying that the inlets will need new screw holes drilled? No one I've spoken with has mentioned that, only the filing.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Thanks, Dave. Are you saying that the inlets will need new screw holes drilled? No one I've spoken with has mentioned that, only the filing.

Maybe... probably. :)

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Maybe... probably. :)

In terms of screw holes, are you referring to the 09, or to the 06, too? When I referred to filing, it was the 06. I don't know anything about the 09 except that it's larger, considered better and over twice the price, although no one I've communicated with can figure out why about the latter.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
In terms of screw holes, are you referring to the 09, or to the 06, too? When I referred to filing, it was the 06. I don't know anything about the 09 except that it's larger, considered better and over twice the price, although no one I've communicated with can figure out why about the latter.

Both, the cutouts and hole spacing are likely the same. I too feel the difference in price is ambiguous, but Furutech wouldn't offer the 09 if it wasn't noticeably better vs the 06.

ayreman

Jan 2, 2017
Ukraine
Dave, does Furutech make NCF receptacle covers for GTX-S NCF(R)? If they do they would propably call it 105-S NCF, as opposed to 105-D NCF...

The reason I'm asking is I'm thinking of buying some single ones (GTX-S NCF(R)). But if NCF covers for them are not available, it's probably a bad idea as it won't look as neat without the cover. How would you go about this?

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Dave, does Furutech make NCF receptacle covers for GTX-S NCF(R)? If they do they would propably call it 105-S NCF, as opposed to 105-D NCF...

The reason I'm asking is I'm thinking of buying some single ones (GTX-S NCF(R)). But if NCF covers for them are not available, it's probably a bad idea as it won't look as neat without the cover. How would you go about this?

The 103 S is available for singles, it's not an NCF part and is basically the same as the 104 D.

ayreman

Jan 2, 2017
Ukraine
The 103 S is available for singles, it's not an NCF part and is basically the same as the 104 D.

But 105-D NCF outperforms 104 D, doesn't it? And so 103 S is a compromise solution, isn't it?

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
But 105-D NCF outperforms 104 D, doesn't it? And so 103 S is a compromise solution, isn't it?

Yes, the new NCF cover is a step up... I'm honestly not sure if they plan on making a NCF cover for the single outlet receptacles.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing