CES 2016: High Fidelity Cables with Magnetic Conduction

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
I read and hear similsr tales from time to time. hearsay but with some substantiation ... I don't mind anyone making a buck or two although in that case thousands of bucks :) .. What bothers me is the bending backward to always find great things to say about these things, to pre-suppose greatness at the mere mention of elevated prices ... What is worse is that many audiophiles would simply bow at the altar of these super wires without having heard one note from these and in the complete incapacity of distinguishing it from their currently used wires (some would add any wires but I will stop there)... Too often many audiophiles come down to almost denigrate their own system once the mention of an uber expensive system or component comes up ... It ain't so people. Use your ears in which you so much believe and listen with the least amount of prejudice and intimidation. It could be quite liberating and enlightening.

Didn't you know, more money means better. Why do you think Aurender sales are so much higher than a superior sounding $250 streamer based on an Intel NUC?

There's going to be a review done on the new Lampi Euphoria by a well known publication, with the NUC based streamer on my streamer thread.

Last edited:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Didn't you know, more money means better. Why do you think Aurender sales are so much higher than a superior sounding $250 streamer based on an Intel NUC?

There's going to be a review done on the new Lampi Euphoria by a well known publication, with the NUC based streamer on my streamer thread.
Mike, let's stay on topic please. We shouldn't turn every thread into the discussion of the NUC and such.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Mike, let's stay on topic please. We shouldn't turn every thread into the discussion of the NUC and such.

Oh sorry. I seen that the topic seemed to be about manufacturers charging high prices for products. So I thought it was on topic. But now I realize it went off topic a while ago. I should have scrolled back a few pages to see what the thread topic was before chiming in I guess.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I read and hear similsr tales from time to time. hearsay but with some substantiation ... I don't mind anyone making a buck or two although in that case thousands of bucks :) .. What bothers me is the bending backward to always find great things to say about these things, to pre-suppose greatness at the mere mention of elevated prices ... What is worse is that many audiophiles would simply bow at the altar of these super wires without having heard one note from these and in the complete incapacity of distinguishing it from their currently used wires (some would add any wires but I will stop there)... Too often many audiophiles come down to almost denigrate their own system once the mention of an uber expensive system or component comes up ... It ain't so people. Use your ears in which you so much believe and listen with the least amount of prejudice and intimidation. It could be quite liberating and enlightening.

It's a whole new class of consumer and it's warping the high end of most luxury markets. All across the board people who offer luxury products are charging much more, and coming up with more and more extravagant products. In some cases the price is just increased as per the example above, pricing is just different... image is everything. I have a friend in Malaysia who collects, distills to make oil, and sells agarwood produts, it's always been expensive but now the best quality agarwood is around $1k/gram. For wood you freakin' burn as incense! The Chinese fly in with heaps of cash and now outbid the Arabs, who are the traditional high end customer. How about cars? There are more high end ~1$M supercars than ever too. It's not like every audio designer is happy to have to offer products like this, but the market demands it. I can only hope it's a temporary anomaly, but there's no end in sight. Another result is MSRP is artificially inflated with dealers paying maybe 1/3rd of MSRP so the ability to discount heavily is possible and MSRP is never really paid.

Interesting discussion, but maybe it needs to be moved to it's own thread so it doesn't clutter up Ric's thread (who does post here)...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I checked their website, the add ones are $199 a piece and I think $299 for two. $549 for two pairs. Wouldn't you need to put one at each end of the cable?
Not exactly cheap. But what do I know?

Sounds like pizzazz to me, if I may say so, of what it appears to me. ...Simply put...an audio rip-off.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Forget the cables. Check out this dude wearing blue eskimo jacket in Las Vegas!

Ok, is it snowing inside? ...I mean inside ? that guy.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Didn't you know, more money means better.
Generalizations....not true in this case for a lot of folks. Many cases prove otherwise. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

Cables with magnetic conduction.

Tom

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Why would you state it is an audio rip-off, before you ever even heard the cables???

I have High Fidelity cables and think they are the best I have heard.
Hasn't Transparent and MIT cables been doing the same thing for decades, selling high dollar cables????
A lot on this forum have those expensive cables…so……..

Last edited:

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
I thought that some audiophile circuit designers and DIYers would go to great lengths to avoid anything magnetic in a hi-fi component. Even machining the chassis out of an aluminum billet.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing