CES 2016: High Fidelity Cables with Magnetic Conduction

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I covered these guys in my RMAF trip report.

Forget the cables. Check out this dude wearing blue eskimo jacket in Las Vegas!

They said this inline cables were new:

You could add them to your existing cables to see most of the benefits of their cables.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
I covered these guys in my RMAF trip report.

Forget the cables. Check out this dude wearing blue eskimo jacket in Las Vegas!

They said this inline cables were new:

You could add them to your existing cables to see most of the benefits of their cables.

Not sure that is entirely accurate Amir, even the entry level CT-1 comprises of a conductor unlike the vast majority of IC's in the market place, however as you point out you are at least utilising the main elements, magnetic RCA's.
The rest of the line upwards differs significantly in the use of a very large magnet array housed in the cylindrical wave guide In between the connectors.

It would be interesting to evaluate how effective, or otherwise, the add on RCA's might be when utilized on an IC whose sonic character is well known to one.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Not sure that is entirely accurate Amir, even the entry level CT-1 comprises of a conductor unlike the vast majority of IC's in the market place, however as you point out you are at least utilising the main elements, magnetic RCA's.
It is how they explained it to me although this aging mind may have very well screwed up what they said :).

It would be interesting to evaluate how effective, or otherwise, the add on RCA's might be when utilized on an IC whose sonic character is well known to one.
It would indeed. They were very confident that you would get substantial benefit of their technology even when using other branded cables. I want to say they were $200 or so, so experimentation won't be that expensive :).

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
I checked their website, the add ones are $199 a piece and I think $299 for two. $549 for two pairs. Wouldn't you need to put one at each end of the cable? Not exactly cheap. But what do I know?

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Forward them on to me once you are done with them! It is the least you can do. After all, I still have a HD-DVD player! :cool:Actually used it over Christmas!

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I believe the HF cables use mu-metal wire, thinking about how this actually works with mu-metal wire going through magnets makes my head hurt but I've heard very good reviews on these cables. A bit Rube Goldberg-ish for me but very interesting out-of-the-box thinking to come up with the concept.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
For my part I am running CT-1 Ultimate IC's CDP to Pre, I battled with HF's speaker cables however in the end their LCR characteristics just didn't suit my transducers.

RayDunzl

Jun 26, 2014
Tampa
I read through the first 'review' on this page

http://www.highfidelitycables.com/reviews.html

"$8,900 for a 1 meter pair of RCA interconnects or a 1 meter phono cable.

$20,900 for a 1 meter power cord.

$12,900 for a 1 meter pair of speaker cable.

And the power conditioner comes in at $16,900 for eight outlets."

I suppose those represent the ultimate expression of their, uh, craft.

---

No, found the $25k outlet...

---

I'm sorry, I will move along now.

Last edited:

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A

---

---

I quite agree with your consideration Ray, were it not for CCTV coverage of an HF Dealer, In flagrante delicto with a Goat, I would not have entertained the RRP on the wires I currently possess!

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA

---

---

Gee and I thought those RCA add ones were expensive! Hey maybe they will get you 80% of the way their $8,900 ICs will get you. On second thought......

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..brought to you by Rick Schultz of Virtual Dynamics fame. VD seemed to go belly up when he elevated his prices to nosebleed levels. Looks like he hasn't learned his lesson..."magnets make more music"...they damn well better..

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
..brought to you by Rick Schultz of Virtual Dynamics fame. VD seemed to go belly up when he elevated his prices to nosebleed levels. Looks like he hasn't learned his lesson..."magnets make more music"...they damn well better..

Things are different these days... prices at the top end are on the rise and the higher the better for some markets. These guys don't care much about the US market tbh, that's not who is buying this stuff.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
I heard from one manufacturer that he wanted to sell his product for about $30,000 which is a ton of money. However, his Asian distributors told him he wouldn't sell any at that price and needed to price it in the $70,000 range which he did. Quess what, he had brisk sales. This kind of stuff really gets my goat.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Things are different these days... prices at the top end are on the rise and the higher the better for some markets. These guys don't care much about the US market tbh, that's not who is buying this stuff.

I heard from one manufacturer that he wanted to sell his product for about $30,000 which is a ton of money. However, his Asian distributors told him he wouldn't sell any at that price and needed to price it in the $70,000 range which he did. Quess what, he had brisk sales. This kind of stuff really gets my goat.

I read and hear similsr tales from time to time. hearsay but with some substantiation ... I don't mind anyone making a buck or two although in that case thousands of bucks :) .. What bothers me is the bending backward to always find great things to say about these things, to pre-suppose greatness at the mere mention of elevated prices ... What is worse is that many audiophiles would simply bow at the altar of these super wires without having heard one note from these and in the complete incapacity of distinguishing it from their currently used wires (some would add any wires but I will stop there)... Too often many audiophiles come down to almost denigrate their own system once the mention of an uber expensive system or component comes up ... It ain't so people. Use your ears in which you so much believe and listen with the least amount of prejudice and intimidation. It could be quite liberating and enlightening.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Other than my digital, my amp, pre amp, speakers, cables and TT are all 20 years old. My system sounds superb to me. When I hear uber expensive new systems, I don't pine for them in the least.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing