test
test
test
test

Thread: What are you currently listening to (Classical)?

DALI Epicon 2 speakers; SVS SB13 Ultra sub; PrimaLuna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03 SACD player; Oppo 105 Blu-ray player; Audeze LCD-XC headphones; VPI Scout 1.1 turntable/Ortofon 2m Black cartridge

Guitarist Kazuhito Yamashita plays two insanely difficult concertos written for him by Takashi Yamatsu and Teruyuki Noda.
    DALI Epicon 2 speakers; SVS SB13 Ultra sub; PrimaLuna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03 SACD player; Oppo 105 Blu-ray player; Audeze LCD-XC headphones; VPI Scout 1.1 turntable/Ortofon 2m Black cartridge

Quote Originally Posted by Bachtoven View Post
    This iconic performance has never sounded better than in the 24/96 hi-res file, presumably the remastered one that DG prepared for the Blu-ray Audio disc.

Iconic in what sense ? How does it compare with 5'ths by Abbado , Kubelik , Bernstein ... Do not recall Herr Karajan get a mention in any of Tony Duggan's picks .
    "It is music coming from another world, it is coming from eternity." ... HVK

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhead View Post
    Iconic in what sense ? How does it compare with 5'ths by Abbado , Kubelik , Bernstein ... Do not recall Herr Karajan get a mention in any of Tony Duggan's picks .
    Well, it's been well received by others, just look at who's performing it, and an omission from some "critic's" list hardly negates it worth and enjoyment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bachtoven View Post
    Well, it's been well received by others, just look at who's performing it, and an omission from some "critic's" list hardly negates it worth and enjoyment for me.
    Point taken , if a performance speaks to you that's all that matters . I did sample it on Apple Music and quite liked it too , if only prettier overall compared to the other 5ths . Maybe due to Herr Karajans ideology , that it must always sound "good".On the other hand I would hardly classify Tony Duggan as "some critic" , especially where Mahler is concerned . Look forward to more of your posts . Happy Listening .
    "It is music coming from another world, it is coming from eternity." ... HVK

Some of you may be surprised to learn that Anthony Burgess, author of A Clockwork Orange, was also a composer, and quite a fine one at that. He writes in a busy, quasi-tonal style that certainly must challenge the players. Very good playing and sound--which does capture a few harsh notes in the heat of the moment.

A crushingly intense performance of No.2. Very good sound.

Beautifully played (I'm slowly coming to terms with vibrato-less playing in Baroque repertoire!) and recorded.

Halasz plays with tremendous feeling and virtuosity. Excellent sound, though I'm not a fan of his type of guitar, a Matthias Dammann "double-top."

Wolfgang Rihm:

J.S. Bach:

Stereo: Audiolab 8300CD >>Simaudio Moon Nēo 340i >>Dynaudio Confidence C1 II's + SVS SB12-NSD
    Headphones: Audiolab 8300CD (balanced XLR) >>Balanced Cross-feed X6B >>Audio-gd NFB-6 (balanced XLR) >>Norse(now Norne) Skuld 2 Litz UPOCC >>HiFiMan HE-500

Page 122 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2272112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131 LastLast