What are you currently listening to (Classical)?

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015
Unless I missed it, I don't see a thread devoted to this topic. I'll start with Paul Lewis' set of complete Beethoven Sonatas. I just bought it a few weeks ago and have listened to about half of it so far, and I'm very impressed with both his playing and the audio quality.

Last edited by a moderator:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Good thread :). Listening to Live in Galway by Mary Coughlan:

Rare winter sun shining on me as I enjoy the wonderful tracks.

Reactions: Hifi man

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Unless I missed it, I don't see a thread devoted to this topic. I'll start with Paul Lewis' set of complete Beethoven Sonatas. I just bought it a few weeks ago and have listened to about half of it so far, and I'm very impressed with both his playing and the audio quality.

So I have this one:

It is on my "to listen to" list :). Are they the same or different?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Oh I didn't realize this was classical only. So scratch my post there. :)
Maybe change the thread title to include the word "Classical"?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Done John. ;)

Tom

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015
I figured since it was in the classical music sub-forum that the genre would be obvious. Guess not! :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Sure--that thread has been dead for a while, though. Of course, there's no guarantee that this one won't die, either.

It shouldn't John; lots of classical music lovers here. ...And some they just don't know it yet. :b

And my suggestion is this: Merge your thread right here with mine, after the last post of my thread...that's what makes the most logical sense, in timing too.
Do you agree...if yes Amir or Steve I'm sure can do that.

? Last post of my thread (August 20, 2015): http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...-very-Recently&p=334851&viewfull=1#post334851

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Sure--that thread has been dead for a while, though. Of course, there's no guarantee that this one won't die, either.
You started off on the right foot....just keep it going and it'll survive (as it should).

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015
You have my blessing. ;)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Wow! Bachtoven! Great to see you here. Been busy but will definitely look out for and try to contribute...have always enjoyed learning from your inexhaustible well of knowledge on classical music.

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015
Thanks, guys. That's a big responsibility!

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Air on a G String
David Russell

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Stacey Kent Tenderly. Attending the show tomorrow night at Birdland.

Don't think this is classical music. I looked up the album and she is singing standards. Have a great time at the concert.

Larry

Reactions: Andrew S.

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015
I prefer the original string version, but this piano trio arrangement puts the music in new light. Excellent sound.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing