Page 147 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4797137138139140141142143144145146147148 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1475

Thread: What are you currently listening to (Classical)?

Quote Originally Posted by Bachtoven View Post
    Searing performances and very good sound. I bought the disc for $1.99, but I plan to get Leinsdorf's CD box set as there is a fair amount of surface noise and a few nasty clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    The Fiery Angel is such and underrated symphony and opera.
    It's a masterpiece. I wonder if that has ever been fully recognized.
    Sergei Prokofiev's opera, The Fiery Angel (Russian: Огненный ангел, tr. Ognenny angel), Op. 37, could be considered one of the composer’s largest challenges. Writing, production, and location were all factors in the piece’s progress. The journey to completion was not truly over until after Prokofiev’s time, when the piece was first presented in a full performance at the Théâtre des Champs-Élysées on 25 November 1955, and was first premiered at the Venice Festival in 1955.[1]
    wikipedia

Her is another not so well known but incredible piece of music;

Johann Sebastian Bach's Cantatas are one of the greatest treasures in the history of music. These treasures are hidden in a wealth of maybe lesser-known works, but are never the less on pair with Bach’s more well known masterpieces. These Cantatas are full of jewels in the form of beautiful, moving and dramatic arias and choral works.

Cantata BWV 39

The opening chorus is a small masterpiece. It is divided into three main sections, each of which relates to an adapted text from Isaiah 58, 7-8.
    ’’Break your bread for the hungry, and those who are in misery, bring them into your house! If you see a naked person, clothe him, and do not recoil from your own flesh and blood. Thereupon will your light burst forth as the red dawn of morning, and your betterment will quickly grow, and your righteousness go before you, and the glory of the Lord will embrace you.’’
    source https://www.soundliaison.com/studio-...live-edition-2

The BSO and Seji Ozawa...Beautiful ADD
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Speakers: ParAcas Satellites ParAcas Dual 16 subwoofer Velodyne FSR18 Fulton Little Maestros Mission speakers
    Electronics: Agtron Platinum Mono Blocks Accuphase C200 preamp Accuphase P300 amplifer Parasound amplifier ParAcas Sierra electronic crossover
    Digital: Monarchy NM24 DAC Sony DVD Transport
    Tuner: McIntosh MR78
    Cables: NBS Statement,Pro,Master Cables, Nirvana Digital SPDIF Cable
    Turntable: Linn LP12 Technics 1200
    RTR: Ampex 350,351,440BC,MR70
    Studer C37 60hz,Crown 2-844,824

Quote Originally Posted by Kefas View Post
    It's a masterpiece. I wonder if that has ever been fully recognized.
    Agreed and this is how I prefer to hear it:
    http://forum.stereophile.com/category/music-round/

I love it when I take a chance on musicians I've never heard of and the recording turns out to be great! I bought both volumes of the Sonatas. Excellent playing and sound. (Live recordings.)

Last edited by Bachtoven; 12-17-2017 at 01:09 PM.
    DALI Epicon 2 speakers; SVS SB13 Ultra sub; PrimaLuna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; VPI Prime Signature turntable/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze cartridge; Esoteric K-03 SACD player; Audeze LCD-XC headphones

These two Piano Concertos may not have the most memorable melodies, but they are fine pieces nonetheless. Excellent playing and sound.

DALI Epicon 2 speakers; SVS SB13 Ultra sub; PrimaLuna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; VPI Prime Signature turntable/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze cartridge; Esoteric K-03 SACD player; Audeze LCD-XC headphones

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    Some people they never play the same album twice; it's just the way it is.
    Some people played the White Album...The Beatles forty-seven times.

I have no clue how many times I played this one, I just know it's more than once:

Redbook

If I was asked to describe in a full review using only one word, I would venture to say: Exquisite.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Master piece, Stravinsky : the Firebird, Borodin :Music from Prince Igor Robert Shaw,The Atlanta Symphony, Telarc
    Name:  20180419_191148.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  892.5 KB

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    http://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/...?album_id=4000

Not for everyone; it takes years of classical music evolution to evolve.
    When we do we are transported in a world of free thoughts. It is the perfect day.
    The music is transforming, liberating and pulsating to a heart beat, in the mind.
    The quality of pulse code modulation is a l'appel.

Music: 8.8
    Recording: 8.7

Out of 10
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Page 147 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4797137138139140141142143144145146147148 LastLast