Shipping LPs

chrisr

Member Sponsor
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago area
What's the best way to safely pack and ship a large number of records to buyers? I am thinking about selling ~350 LPs that may get divided into small or large groups of LPs with the sale. For example, the 100 Analogue Productions Fantasy jazz 45s will hopefully sell as a package. How many per box and how to box? Thanks!

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I'd suggest the way I pack tape. Box up about 20-30 albums tightly in individual boxes nice and tight. Do this for your whole shipment. Then box up the individual boxes into a larger box with LOTS of padding!

Last edited:

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I'd do 25 per box, max 30 if not 180g/200g stuff. Double box, and pay special attention to the corners, where bumps in the outside box will likely damange the corner of the LPs.

lasercd

Member Sponsor
Oct 28, 2010
Voorhees, NJ
www.lasercd.com
What's the best way to safely pack and ship a large number of records to buyers? I am thinking about selling ~350 LPs that may get divided into small or large groups of LPs with the sale. For example, the 100 Analogue Productions Fantasy jazz 45s will hopefully sell as a package. How many per box and how to box? Thanks!

Place an order with Uline.com.

Order their 13x13x? boxes. ? indicating depth. We use their 4 inch deep box but they have deeper as well. You also want to order their picture frame corner protectors (these are variable depth). U-Line also sells LP filler pads.

Make packets consisting of X albums sandwiched between 2 filler pads. Put corner bumpers on the packet. Fill up your 13x13 box. Keep going. These will go into a master shipping carton which you can also purchase from U-Line. I would suggest not making the master cartons too heavy. UPS loves to drop heavy parcels off the loading dock for fun.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
We have a Speciale in the shop that has every Novitec item possible, overboard for some. I will try and get some pics after we get done putting carbon fiber fender shields on it. It's a spectacle to behold for the brave.

chrisr

Member Sponsor
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago area
Thanks everyone for the great advice!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing