Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D'Agostino Progression 800W Mono Amps

Any word on these? How good are they?

Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    Any word on these? How good are they?
    How good can they be?
    I'll be back later...

System: Equitech 1.5RQ - OpenDRC-DI w/AcourateDRC - DAC2 - Krell KCT and FPB 350mcx - MartinLogan reQuest

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    We haven't got ours yet, looking forward to it, as the first two batches are all sold out...
    Disclosure:
    Alma Music and Audio - La Jolla, CA
    Aqua Hi-Fi - Audio Research - Audioquest - Audionet - Audiopax - Auralic - Aurender - Bergmann - Brodmann - D'Agostino - darTZeel - Devialet - DEQX - ELAC - Evolution Acoustics - Hegel - iFi - Innuos - IsoTek - Kii Audio - Koetsu - Kronos - Kubala Sosna - Kuzma - Larsen - Linn - MSB Technology - Music Hall - Ortofon - Solid Steel - Sound Galleries Music Server - Technics - Wharfedale - Wilson Audio - YG Acoustics
    [ http://almaaudio.com ]

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! still-one's Avatar
    I will finally have the opportunity to hear the Progression amps at Paragon's "Night of Great Independents" event this evening. Tonights event will highlight D'Agostino's Progression amps, Wilson Audio Yvette speakers, dCs Vivaldi stack and Transparent cables. I assume the Rossini player will be set up in another room with other Wilson speakers and possibly the Momentum integrated player.

This is the 3rd of Paragon's Fall Listening events. Two more events are upcoming.
    Jim
    Speakers:Alexandria X2- Series 2, AMP''s-D'Agostino Momentum mono blocks, Pre-Amp:D'Agostino Momentum Phono Stage Esoteric E-03 Sources :Meridian 808v6 & MC-200, SME 20/3, Cabling/Interconnects:Transparent Opus SC and Interconnects, Power Delivery Shunyata Denali

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    I will finally have the opportunity to hear the Progression amps at Paragon's "Night of Great Independents" event this evening. Tonights event will highlight D'Agostino's Progression amps, Wilson Audio Yvette speakers, dCs Vivaldi stack and Transparent cables. I assume the Rossini player will be set up in another room with other Wilson speakers and possibly the Momentum integrated player.

This is the 3rd of Paragon's Fall Listening events. Two more events are upcoming.
    look forward to reading all about it...enjoy!
    Speaker: Wilson X1/Velodyne DD18+
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amps: CJ GAT/Gryphon Colosseum
    Cable: SC/IC:TA Opus Gen5/OpusMM2 PC:PAD25th/Sablon GCUber
    16 Isolation 'Sandwiches': Under: HRS/Stillpoints/Auralex Top: HRS/Artesania/Entreq/EAT/90kg Mass Damping
    Power/Ground/Shield: 4 x 16A Lines w/ Furutech Outlets / Burmester948/NordostQX4 / Tripoint (TroySig+Thor) / Entreq (Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wrap)
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex7308 Mullard(6922 6CA4 6X4) TeleE88CC

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! still-one's Avatar
    I was wrong, the Rossini was in the main room with the Yvette's and the Progression amps. The Rossini functioned as the pre-amp for the set-up. This room was hosted by Bill Pugh from Wilson Audio and Mike Cozza Director of Engineering at D'Agostino.

The Progression amps are much larger than Momentum's. This allows for better cooling, easier assembly and for the owner a bit more space around the terminals for connecting speakers cables to insure the positive and negative do not come in contact.

The sound from the system was very good. I think I would have preferred a pre-amp in the set-up but the forthcoming Progression matching unit is not yet ready.

The second room was hosted by John Quick from dCs and Josh Clark from Transparent. They were showing new dCs Network Bridge connected to a Debussy DAC driving a D'Agosntino Master Classic Stereo amp into the Wilson Sasha 2's. Besides show the capability of the Bridge and DAC they compared a stock power cord with a mid level Transparent unit.
    Jim
    Speakers:Alexandria X2- Series 2, AMP''s-D'Agostino Momentum mono blocks, Pre-Amp:D'Agostino Momentum Phono Stage Esoteric E-03 Sources :Meridian 808v6 & MC-200, SME 20/3, Cabling/Interconnects:Transparent Opus SC and Interconnects, Power Delivery Shunyata Denali

I'm very suprised that this amps aren't being to much popular.
    On the paper they have all that anybody can desire.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Well, they're really popular over here
    Perhaps because they only started shipping a few months ago, so no reviews are out yet, etc. But they are indeed incredible amps.

cheers,
    alex
    Disclosure:
    Alma Music and Audio - La Jolla, CA
    Aqua Hi-Fi - Audio Research - Audioquest - Audionet - Audiopax - Auralic - Aurender - Bergmann - Brodmann - D'Agostino - darTZeel - Devialet - DEQX - ELAC - Evolution Acoustics - Hegel - iFi - Innuos - IsoTek - Kii Audio - Koetsu - Kronos - Kubala Sosna - Kuzma - Larsen - Linn - MSB Technology - Music Hall - Ortofon - Solid Steel - Sound Galleries Music Server - Technics - Wharfedale - Wilson Audio - YG Acoustics
    [ http://almaaudio.com ]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12