First upgrade in 10 years

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
Hi

I've been using my audio research SP11 & Classic 150 monoblocks for 10 years. Had a chance to upgrade to their much newer model , I was surprised how good these newer units are . They excel in a lot of things compared to my older units . I'm impressed!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
Thanks audioguy,

Always wanted to upgrade , but my kids in college , house payments , classic sports cars always got in the way. Still have to get a REF Phono 2 SE . Currently using my vintage audio research SP10 MK 2 as a phono stage .

Tdh888

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Man that is one impressive cluster of tubes! Great to hear that you are getting more enjoyment out of the system.

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
Thanks for the nice words Amir. There is one drawback w/ these new equipment , it produces a lot of heat and my aircondition can barely handle the rise in temperature in my room.
Here are some picture of the rest of the system.

image.jpg

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
Thanks Andrew . By the way I notice your from Australia. My speakers are made in your country. The brand is Duntech. They are currently working on a new model ( The Princess ) .

Tdh888

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Congratulations on the new front end and amps! Please extend my warm regards to Senor Lito and the Batangas crew, Ramon particularly.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Looks like the room could use one more upgrade, maybe a Dyson. :cool:

10 years... That's incredible, really.

andrew_stenhouse

Oct 26, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Thanks Andrew . By the way I notice your from Australia. My speakers are made in your country. The brand is Duntech. They are currently working on a new model ( The Princess ) .

Tdh888

Yeah I spotted the Sovereigns. Mighty bloody speaker those. Need some grunt and space but boy they perform. Thanks for supporting the local industry (such as it is!).

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
Thanks Jack . Will relay your message to Lito & the Batangas group

Tdh888

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
Hi Folsom ,

I really need to add an additional air conditioning unit.

Tdh888

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
Yeah I spotted the Sovereigns. Mighty bloody speaker those. Need some grunt and space but boy they perform. Thanks for supporting the local industry (such as it is!).

Hi Andrew ,

What I currently have are the late model C5000 Princess. Duntech is currently working on a new one .

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
Forgive me - of course. Wonderful speakers.

I'll be keen to hear what Kat produces in his new Princess. Reminds me - time to pay a visit again.

Cheers

Hi Andrew ,

When you visit Kiat check out what's new at Duntech and let me know if they will be introducing new products .

Tdh888

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Hi Folsom ,

I really need to add an additional air conditioning unit.

Tdh888

I was making a joke that you could vacuum, clean the floor. But sure, another air conditioning unit or a frying pan to set on top of the tubes so you can have fried egg sandwiches whiles you listen to tunes. :)

Csng1

Jan 25, 2015
Get a ductless split unit it is quiet for air conditioning, nice to see another to have 610T, make sure you buy some resistors for stock, my blown took one tube , have to solder a resistor . So it not that difficult , nevertheless very great amps to keep.

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
Get a ductless split unit it is quiet for air conditioning, nice to see another to have 610T, make sure you buy some resistors for stock, my blown took one tube , have to solder a resistor . So it not that difficult , nevertheless very great amps to keep.

Hi Csng ,

Duct Aircon are indeed what I need but I have not attended to it yet because I've been fixing and sorting out an old Italian sports car my Father handed down to me . It's indeed imperative that resistors and spare output tubes should always be in one's stockpiles if one is owns the REF 610T . So far I've been lucky . I would always suggest that one needs an automatic voltage regulator/ stabilizer transformer w/ a capacity of at least 10,000 Watts to improve the reliability of these amps .

Best regards,

tdh888

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing