Music of CES 2016

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
You'd better do it, Amir. When I copy my posts in the announcement thread, the pictures don't embed. Unless I'm doing something wrong?
I tried and got the same errors. Worse yet, it put the at the beginning of this thread and when I tried to delete them it deleted the whole thread! Took me a while to get all the posts back. Let me try another method.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I like slow music too, but I really want to know something I'd be investing in can deliver good timbre of two vocalist awhile two drum sets are going at it and a droning distorted mess of a guitar is layered on top with some bass guitar under.

It's not very bold to play the music that always sounds good. Does CES let people bring their own disks? At RMAF quiet a few do, as guys reviewing rooms get to play theirs (not all rooms).

Great thread, btw, I replenished some of my dwindling wish-list since I just did a big order.

RayDunzl

Jun 26, 2014
Tampa
As it turns out, I have the Big Mama Thornton, LA Woman, the Eva Cassidy, the Stanley Clarke, and Willie's Stardust.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I like slow music too, but I really want to know something I'd be investing in can deliver good timbre of two vocalist awhile two drum sets are going at it and a droning distorted mess of a guitar is layered on top with some bass guitar under.
This was a serious problem at this show. Everything they would play by themselves was a slow soft track at low volumes which was impossible to evaluate given the people talking room noise, etc. My first request was always, "do you have something with bass." They would then play something where the bass was barely audible. Then I would ask again, "do you have something with drums; I like to hear the dynamics." Only then would they play something to properly evaluate the system. Some systems shined, others showed their dark side.

Does CES let people bring their own disks? At RMAF quiet a few do, as guys reviewing rooms get to play theirs (not all rooms).
CES doesn't care. It is the companies themselves. And to my pleasant surprise, large number of exhibitors asked me if I had my own CD. Indeed playing CDs was far more prevalent than at RMAF. I had brought a memory stick to RMAF but other than one exhibitor, none of them would let me play it. So I brought nothing and here I was with many kind enough to ask me.

My issue is lugging the CD. I walk around with my SLR camera and a notebook and just don't have a way to hold a CD. I would have to carry a bag with me and that is a pain as it flops around when you try to bend and take a picture. But I need to do that.

How about we create a compilation together of what should be on the CD before the next show which for me, looks like AXPONA in April? I will buy the tracks and make the CD. Just need the suggestions.

Great thread, btw, I replenished some of my dwindling wish-list since I just did a big order.
My pleasure. I am gradually going through it myself and buying.

Aries Cerat

Industry Expert
May 30, 2015
Hello

Amir,this was the album with the Toccata

img013.jpg

When i do find time,i will post the playlist we had,around 30 tracks, or so

Was this loud enough ?:)

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Amirm, maybe you should downsize to a bluetooth keyboard and a pad/phone! I saw those the other day and thought there had to be very good uses for them.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Amir

If you can find the toccatas by E. Power Biggs on SACD and have full range all around its worth the effort to locate one.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Amirm, maybe you should downsize to a bluetooth keyboard and a pad/phone! I saw those the other day and thought there had to be very good uses for them.

I am actually using *paper* pad believe it or not! Tried using the phone and it was a disaster. I can pull out my small notebook, make a few notes and run off.

Wish I could post in real-time though but have not found a good/small solution for that.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Amir

If you can find the toccatas by E. Power Biggs on SACD and have full range all around its worth the effort to locate one.

Thanks. Is this the SACD? http://www.discogs.com/Bach-E-Power-Biggs-The-Four-Great-Toccatas-and-Fugues/release/6438559

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Good grief. That is one hard to find and expensive title! There is lots of praise for it so not sure why Sony would not release the stream as high-res download. Maybe they have rights issues.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing