Metronome

https://play.google.com/music/preview/Tzzxpwvcgfxea6fxciz3dnnchvy?u=0#

Piece by Piece (Live)
Katie Melua

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Indeed. There was wide variety and not at all the same few tired audiophile tracks. The scandinavian companies led the charge there. Alas, I could not find all of their music on my phone.
I understand wanting to show off one's gear with audiophile recordings, but I'm listening to Led Zeppelin, Doobie Brothers, ZZ Top, etc on standard pressing at home.....that's what I would love to see more of.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
BTW......great thread Amir! :D

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I understand wanting to show off one's gear with audiophile recordings, but I'm listening to Led Zeppelin, Doobie Brothers, ZZ Top, etc on standard pressing at home.....that's what I would love to see more of.
Well, you would be happy to know that SRV had a lot of play :).

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That's it guys for automated song search. I have maybe a handful that I took pictures of and will post them later as I run into them.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Technics

https://lh6.ggpht.com/U91_03lBlX1to...AEAx rER_AnPqCYWt9ADC0A6h7l8g=s192-c-e100-nu
B Blues
Mike Oldfield
Wondering if I should get the 8-CD pack. Watching this review. Appreciate any feedback before spending $37:

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Great thread, Amir. One thing to note - Shazam and Soundhound (I have not tried Google music) often give generic results. Different pressings and different masterings sound different. As an exhibitor, I do try to find the best version of any album I play (including digital).

The Borodin came from the 1997 Classic records re-issue:

View attachment 24981

And the Eva Cassidy came from the 2015 vinyl:

View attachment 24982

Attachments

• Borodin.jpg
    Borodin.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 173
  • Nightbird.jpg
    Nightbird.jpg
    512.2 KB · Views: 170

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thanks Gary. Indeed that is the case. Even in digital the album Google provided is not always the right one. I have had to search to find the right album. Do you mind copying your posts you made in your announcement thread to here? I can do it or you can.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Thanks Gary. Indeed that is the case. Even in digital the album Google provided is not always the right one. I have had to search to find the right album. Do you mind copying your posts you made in your announcement thread to here? I can do it or you can.

You'd better do it, Amir. When I copy my posts in the announcement thread, the pictures don't embed. Unless I'm doing something wrong?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing