Troels Gravesen's Illuminator Monitor

audiohippo

Jan 12, 2016
Australia
My latest additional is a pair of Troels Gravesen's Illuminator Monitor's (http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/Illuminator-Monitor.htm) in Australian Blackwood with a semi-gloss finish. My first DIY build, was a great experience and the sound quality is excellent! IMO they are superior to any bookshelf speaker I have heard under AUD$20k and matched with a quality 10" subwoofer they would require some stiff competition from a 3-way floor-standing speaker.

Below are some more pictures from during the build with Harman Kardon electronics and a Balvenie single malt.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Beautiful little speaker! I bet it sounds wonderful. Troels is a wonderful designer. He really knows his stuff!

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Nice speakers. You should consider lining them with No-Rez for a nice little upgrade. I love bookshelves...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing