IQ Test

RayDunzl

Jun 26, 2014
Tampa
I'm smart enough to not take the test.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Ray, it's only 20 very easy questions...you can't really miss (or unless you're French Canadian). ...And time is only few minutes @ most.

They give you a big number @ the left, and your score on top in the yellow banner (171 was mine). But 155+ is the big number (my average).
I did other more complex IQ tests before, where you get results by email...it goes roughly from 139 to 181. ...155-160 on average. ...And time counts.

But there's more to it: dexterity, practical, writing, language, talent (musical, acting, etc.), how you cope with real life events...danger, death, etc.

This one is so simple it's only for fun...it don't mean a thing.

Oh, success, family, happiness, health, wealth, ... they're just substitutes...not all end to freedom.

? The way I see it...everyone should take it. And everything from 100 and above should be shared...I think.
...And anything below 100 shouldn't be posted here @ WBF and anywhere else. :D

Seriously though...it's all fun...and only fun...there is nothing serious in that IQ test @ all...nothing!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I got two wrong and got a score of 139. One of the ones I missed was one of definition of the words used so I probably did better than 139. So I tell myself :).

I am shocked actually. I used to be horrible at these types of quizzes in my younger years.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I got two wrong and got a score of 139. One of the ones I missed was one of definition of the words used so I probably did better than 139. So I tell myself :).

I am shocked actually. I used to be horrible at these types of quizzes in my younger years.

Between branch and twig?

Here's what I think: Don't put any importance to that test. And two: everyone here @ WBF shouldn't score below 139.

? A tougher one was the number of four surface's forms. ...A geometry skill test. ...That was my forte @ college...in practical term. ...And I missed. :D

RayDunzl

Jun 26, 2014
Tampa
Try this one instead:

http://www.mensa.lu/en/mensa/online-iq-test.html

Meanwhile, I have to get back to tweaking my system...

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Between branch and twig?
Exactly. I mean what is a twig??? Isn't it a type of branch?

? A tougher one was the number of four surface's forms. ...A geometry skill test. ...That was my forte @ college...in practical term. ...And I missed. :D
That was my other miss. I got impatient and just voted randomly :).

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
This is what it says: "Any small, leafless branch of a woody plant."

How cold a leafless branch have a relationship to a leaf? And more so than a branch? I am going to file a protest at that site to boost my score to yours Bob. Not sure I can handle the shame otherwise....

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Does it tell you how smart you are then try to sell you quantum dots?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
This is what it says: "Any small, leafless branch of a woody plant."

How cold a leafless branch have a relationship to a leaf? And more so than a branch? I am going to file a protest at that site to boost my score to yours Bob. Not sure I can handle the shame otherwise....

Amir, I had the same score than yours (139+), and I missed the exact same two tests: 1. Branch (Twig was the right answer ) 2. 28 (25 was the correct #).
So I simply took charge on my own and gave myself a good answer for "branch". Nowhere on that test does it say that you cannot outsmart the test.
So, after revising the test with only one wrong answer it came up to 154+ (155 to make it even)...and 171 @ the top (perfect score is 160+ and 180 @ the top) inside that yellow banner.

In real life, in practical term this is how we operate fairly, because a branch has leaves attached to it. ...Screw that "twig" thing! :D
When was last time you heard someone said: "Oh, did you see the leaves falling from the tree's twigs?"
Just no way...autumn leaves are falling from the tree's branches. :b

You gotta take charge in life...and get it right. ...So I just did. Then you also have a score of 155...and that's all there is to it...which is equivalent to your personal IQ of 171. ...The exact same as me. Voila. :b
And we are now joining the ranks of such prominent and intelligent people as Alfred Einstein (161) and Charles Darwin (165).

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I just did the supreme Mensa IQ test (60 questions within 40 minutes). ...No problemo.

So I filled the form (name, email, age, gender, country) and clicked [Send].

I am still waiting for their results...even if I already know that my 60 answers were all correct. And I'm going to wait for their own results for eternity, because they want forty dollars (Canadian) for it! ...How's that for a Mensa IQ wise axe test! :D Lol

Last edited:

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
Years ago, I mentioned (I then had bragging rights) to my 12y old niece that I'd achieved some super-high score on this/that onsite IQ test. She proceeded to do the test herself and surprisingly achieved an even higher score, claiming(bragging) herself smarter still. I didn't have the heart, at the time, to tell her the test was weighted based on age, but I have since ... still doesn't stop her from re-living(bragging) about that saga at family get-togethers. :rolleyes:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Oh, I didn't know the age thing Tbone. I didn't want to give it my birthday so just said continue and it did. Wonder what age it defaults to. A 12 year old perhaps? :D

BTW, I have no idea how knowing what a sequence numbers is has anything to do with IQ. I got the answer by quickly in my head going through all the types of sequences. Yes, it required a visual matching of sequences but most of it had to do with knowing math.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
It's like watching a soap opera on TV, or posting on an internet site; the reaction (result/conclusion) is on the viewer/reader's end. ...What the director had intended is not necessarily what was registered.

To measure real IQ is to look @ total freedom of people. They live in exotic places, eat well, sleep well, exercise well, and move freely around.
For me that's one aspect, and there are more...

But it comes down to a good life's balance without absolutes. Happiness, family, friends, are all related to volatility...in their emotional rendering.
We have no control except nature.

That's my take. And good music can be obtained from live concert shows. And good movie experience from IMAX theaters...in 3D if it's your bag.
...Or on the go...from all type of portable devices.
Or @ home.

Freedom of movement, appreciation of art, and satisfaction of the soul, heart and spirit.

IQ test: There's a film called 'Experimenter'; these people will give you all the tests you want...no sweat. ...Based on a true story.

______

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I did not take the test. I just get a feel for how smart I am
I am sure a double blind test will prove inconclusive.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I did not take the test. I just get a feel for how smart I am
I am sure a double blind test will prove inconclusive.

No if you could figure out how to navigate the test without looking, your IQ would be proven to be off the chart already. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing