System Timeline

July 2015

+ Mcintosh MC501 amplifiers and C220 preamplifier

August 2015

+ B&W 802 Diamonds in Gloss Black
    + PS Audio Directstream DAC, Transport and Power Plant P10 in Black
    + DIY Hifi Rack

September 2015

+ Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 Biwire Speaker Cables, 2 x Gold Eclipse 7 XLR Interconnects and Platinum HDMI cable
    + JL Audio Fathom F110 Subwoofer

November 2015

+ Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 USB cable
    + Wireworld Uni-term Spade Connectors
    - B&W 802 Diamonds in Gloss Black
    + Wilson Audio Sasha Series-2

Whats Next

Acoustic Treatments
    Desktop system (headphone amp, dac, pre, amp and bookshelf speakers)

Last edited by audiohippo; 01-23-2016 at 02:49 AM.
    [PRI] Audio Research REF6 | Dan D'Agostino Momentum S250 | Wilson Audio Sasha v2 + Mezzo CST | PS Audio Directstream DAC + Transport + P10 | Bryston SP3 + 9BSST2 | Velodyne DD15 | WireWorld Silver SC + Gold IC + Platinum USB
    [SEC] Troels Gravesen Illuminator Monitors | TBA | JL Audio F110

My Pictures

Here are some beauty shots

[PRI] Audio Research REF6 | Dan D'Agostino Momentum S250 | Wilson Audio Sasha v2 + Mezzo CST | PS Audio Directstream DAC + Transport + P10 | Bryston SP3 + 9BSST2 | Velodyne DD15 | WireWorld Silver SC + Gold IC + Platinum USB

My Pictures

My Pictures

My Pictures

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    Hello and a big welcome to WBF. I love your Sasha Series 2 with the soft dome tweeter. Are your speakers Obsidian Black or Black Almondine or something different.
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Hello sir from North Carolina and please allow me to offer you a very warm welcome to the What's Best Forum! It looks like you have assembled a system that many here would consider an extremely nice sounding system. I too am a big fan of the soft dome tweeter for what it brings to the end result as to what hits your ears.

I do have a question right off the bat sir, if you don't mind me asking. Your speakers do not have (unless it's a visual perspective error on my part) much toe in. How far back is the listening position? From the picture I see, it looks as if the toe in is anywhere between 2-4 degrees.

Again, welcome to the WBF! Enjoy the forum.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

I post my own opinions except when posting as a moderator in green.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    Hello and a big welcome to WBF. I love your Sasha Series 2 with the soft dome tweeter. Are your speakers Obsidian Black or Black Almondine or something different.
    Hi Steve, thanks! Its Obsidian Black.

Last edited by audiohippo; 01-12-2016 at 11:52 PM.

My Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    Hello sir from North Carolina and please allow me to offer you a very warm welcome to the What's Best Forum! It looks like you have assembled a system that many here would consider an extremely nice sounding system. I too am a big fan of the soft dome tweeter for what it brings to the end result as to what hits your ears.

I do have a question right off the bat sir, if you don't mind me asking. Your speakers do not have (unless it's a visual perspective error on my part) much toe in. How far back is the listening position? From the picture I see, it looks as if the toe in is anywhere between 2-4 degrees.

Again, welcome to the WBF! Enjoy the forum.

Tom
    Hi Tom,

Thanks for the welcome. At the time of taking the photos they were 15.7" / 40cm from the rear wall, not sure on the toe-in (I have since reduced them 11.8" / 30cm from rear wall which provided a tighter bass response, space them further apart with a 1" toe in). The listening position is approx 106" / 2.7m back.

Over many listening sessions I experimented with speaker placements and found this gave the best results. The toe in was definitely important to get right, it now has a centre stage and the speakers disappear.
    Last edited by audiohippo; 01-12-2016 at 11:51 PM.

My Pictures

Beautiful pics and system. Enjoy....

All racked and cabled.

My Pictures

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast