Lamm ml2.1 on CLX

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Hi Lamm lovers

I have a unique opportunity to hear the lamm ml2.1 on electrostatics
Many years ago I read Art Dudley thought they were magical on his quads

He wasn't so happy with the ml2.2s ...apparently Vladimir said was due to difference in amount of feedback between the two models... less with .2s apparently

Ever since I saw and heard the ml 2.1s on a friends high end system I have wanted to hear if the Ml 2.1s would drive the CLXs

I could never convince my friend to bring them over... and I don't know if he ever tried them on his Summits, as I never saw him use them with them

Maybe they didn't work... not sure??

Now the day will arrive

Any others wish to share their experiences I would be grateful

Thx

Andrew

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
I for one look forward to your review Andrew, I believe Art Dudley ran Quad 989's with them back in 02, in the spirit of experimentation and should you have the time, I would be interested in your considerations were you to try the ML2.1's on the 16 Ohm taps.

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Thx Andrew
Will see tomorrow?!

Your Welcome anytime your down this way:)

Andrew

Smp

Sep 1, 2014
Perth, Western Australia
Andrew,

They were ML2s not ML2.1s. Have indeed used ML2s and latterly ML2.2s with Summits (in my environment of course) and have never been disappointed. Nevertheless, as you are probably aware Stradivaris remain my speaker of choice with Lamm. My first listen to your CLXs after humping them into your front room remains forever fixed in my audio memory..........Manly/Blue Circle/Hugh's TT/Dynavector.

Last edited:

Smp

Sep 1, 2014
Perth, Western Australia
On reflection I do recall a conversation we had following your reading of Art Dudley's comments (which I had read as well) and I'm pretty certain he was referring to ML2s and ML2.2s - it was just after the release of the ML2.2s. I replaced my my ML2s with new ML2.2s in late 2014 and I was amazed at how competitive the ML2s still were 17 years after I bought them. They never missed a beat in all that time and all I did was give them new sets of valves periodically which I purchased directly from Vladimir - never had a valve failure either.

Last edited:

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Andrew,

They were ML2s not ML2.1s. Have indeed used ML2s and latterly ML2.2s with Summits (in my environment of course) and have never been disappointed. Nevertheless, as you are probably aware Stradivaris remain my speaker of choice with Lamm. My first listen to your CLXs after humping them into your front room remains forever fixed in my audio memory..........Manly/Blue Circle/Hugh's TT/Dynavector.

Yes that remains one of the seven tasks of Hercules lol
Sorry I didn't realise they were lamm ml2 not 2.1.....

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Did this match up of Lamms on CLXs ever take place?

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Never got his ml2 over to my place have tried on summits worked well

I have tried m1.2 and m 2.2 both worked very well see my other thread on clash of the titans part 2

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Andrew,

Further to your posts above - ML3 Signatures are incoming so there is an immaculate pair of ML2.2s in Perth looking for a new home...........

Hi Richard

Please pm with your offer

Congrats on ML3, I never doubted you would one day acquire a pair :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing