Jeff Rowland upgrades

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I just received back from Jeff my totally upgraded model 8. After some extensive time at the factory, I received my repaired and upgraded model 8 back and with new transimpedance modules and other mods, I now have a somewhat 'one of a kind' model 8t!

Jeff was a real pleasure to work with and was eminently involved in my amp mods. ( in fact he is apparently the only person at the factory that is still working on the older legacy amps). I had Jeff install a grounding point on the rear of the amp so that I can correctly ground my REL sub. Jeff and I agreed that the choke power supply is excellent and so he modified the boards with the transimpedance modules and replaced various worn out caps. This amp is as far as I know somewhat unique now, as I believe all of the other model 8's were modified with a change out of the choke power supply...before the transimpedance modules were installed.
Along with a new Grand Prix audio Monaco amp stand, my Rowland is back in my system. Today, after several hours of warm up and play, I can state that the amp is re-born! Far more revealing and resolving than the previous itineration and able to portray a 'blacker' and deeper background with more top end air and more precise imaging. VERY impressive indeed!!! I am very pleased.

Thank you to Jeff Rowland and his team.:)

I recommend if anyone is contemplating upgrading their older 'legacy' product or even their more recent amp/preamp, give Jeff a call and see what he can do.

Also, to Guido Corona, thank you for your good advice and encouragement along the way.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Very nice! I heard the Model 8 monos over a decade ago and left me quite impressed... Enjoy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing