New Martin Logan hybrid announced at CES

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Sincerely, Amir, the ML hater.

Well, I'm glad you are very honest regarding your obvious bias against this manufacturer.

Are you going to continue slamming the product or are we all done with this? :cool:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I don't think it is Amir slamming it he was requested to post a review knowing that he didn't like the product, so people could get an alternate view. He did.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Are you making fun of me or my dog???
Hmmmmm, not sure, show me the dog.
I am screwed then:

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Another point of view courtacy of babydoc,

"I spent a good bit of time with the Renaissance ESL 15A. Superficially, and from the front, it looks a bit like the Summit but with a much wider CLS panel. From the side, it has a much deeper woofer cabinet (needed for 2 12" subs and amplifiers). Sonically, the Venetian hotel rooms are a little better than the "bat cave" but have a number of room anomalies that I am not sure were completely corrected by the ARC software. That said, the sound was pretty sensational and these guys, like the Neoliths last year, while big, disappeared in the room. About the concerns for $25K price point. M-L is not aiming at the Neolith buyers but at those who either want some of the virtues of the CLX with better bass (the CLX will still stay in the line) or a substantial upgrade over the Summit X. If I did not already have the CLXs and a pair of Balanced Force 212 subs (retail easily above the Renaissance and much more work to set up in a listening room), I would give these guys serious consideration. While it is easy to opine about price and looks without experiencing these speakers, it would behoove those wishing to upgrade their ML systems to at least audition them at their dealers when they start shipping this spring."

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Agreed, but to prove the point, a "panel" [pun] of experts is required.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing