Shunyata DENALI

wstam

Feb 17, 2013
Denali 6 outlet models are intended for an entire system. As I described, there are source and line-component outlets (4) and (2) high-current outlets that improve the performance of any type of amplifier. Source an line component outlets utilize the new filters we designed for the medical industry. The HC outlets have Typhon technology. The Denali 6 outlet units are for complete systems using a central outlet or single dedicated line. For those with multiple dedicated lines, the Denali 2000 (2 outlet models) accommodate and improve amps/projectors etc. that use those additional lines.

Hi Grant. Good to see more info for the new Denali series. The part on the HC outlets for amp or components require high current is obvious. I am still not clear about the use for source and line components. There is no Typhon technology there. So it it still desire to connect a Typhon to one of the 4 outlets for best performance?

Putting Typhon aside, source and line components on Triton v2 or Denali, which has better performance? You mentioned something in this aspect in your earlier post: "However, these outlets will not have the same vanishingly low peak-current signature as the Triton v2". I don't fully understand this.

Thanks.

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015
If you look at 2nd to last paragraph in post #15, Grant says the Denali is not as good as their top end stuff.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
If you look at 2nd to last paragraph in post #15, Grant says the Denali is not as good as their top end stuff.

That is good to know. I am trying to only buy music this year. :)

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
I'm not much for proclamations. Denali uses different technology and as we all know, until a product has been in the market for a minute or two, projecting its status in the line is premature. We feel very confident based on our own beta-tests and measurement that Denali products are among the finest we have produced. Triton, Typhon and DPC-6 are our references. Denali products will push them as we intend, but they will not replace them. The Denali 2000T (2-outlet prototype) is in another class compared to Cyclops, but I would still recommend anyone who owns a Cyclops perform a careful side by side comparison. The 2000T are 50% more expensive at $3000, so its not a simple equation. Cyclops are not unfortunately, upgradeable.

No, there would be zero benefit connecting a Typhon to a Denali based on our tests. That is not to say that Typhon's don't make a huge difference connected to a dedicated amplifier outlet-- they do and that will never change.

There's no reason for Triton v2/Typhon/DPC-6 owners to consider changing to a Denali 6000T (6 outlet). The Denali 6000T includes the most critical elements of all three units and then some, but it is a single box, after all. When they come available, I do recommend those that use Cyclops, to try the Denali 2000T. Is simply an amazing 2-outlet power-distributor. :)

We are sill 30-60 days away on shipment of the new products.

I hope this helps clear up a few questions.

Best regards,

Grant
Shunyata Research

pessoa00

Feb 25, 2015
Grant, will the Denali line be available for Europe in the same timeframe as in US?
Thanks!

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
When they come available, I do recommend those that use Cyclops, to try the Denali 2000T. Is simply an amazing 2-outlet power-distributor. :)

I would like to, but I just don't have $6000 for two, one for each amp. Plus, for new customers, they also have to buy two power cords for their amp. I still like my idea of building the conditioner into the power cord so that a single power cord provides the capability of both conditioner and power cord DTCD and filtering. Granted, it might be a bit bulky, but probably no different than cables that have network boxes on them.

I will be happy to beta test that. :)

Flatwhite

Feb 21, 2016
so in terms of performance and price
it's Denali 2000T > Cyclops V2 > Venom amp -1?

I'm very interested in the 2000T now!

Jerryb

Dec 4, 2015
Hi Grant

Can you provide an update on the availability of the new Denali series along with the estimated pricing?

Thanks

Jerryb

Dec 4, 2015
Can you provide an eta update?

Hi Grant

Can you provide an update on the availability of the new Denali series along with the estimated pricing?

Thanks

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
Hi Jerry,

I would guess we are still a few weeks away from shipping. To be safe, let's just say May. The 6-outlet 6200T Tower Denali will be $4995. The 6200S shelf unit (same basic design, but no base module) will be $3995 and the high-current 3200T 2-outlet unit will be $2995-- all US pricing. I may have a final production-ready unit at Axpona Chicago, but it will be tight in terms of timing so I cannot promise. We are waiting on final cosmetics and packaging. The units are otherwise ready to go.

Best regards,

Grant

JimmyS

Sep 1, 2013
Chicago, IL
Hi Jerry,

I would guess we are still a few weeks away from shipping. To be safe, let's just say May. The 6-outlet 6200T Tower Denali will be $4995. The 6200S shelf unit (same basic design, but no base module) will be $3995 and the high-current 3200T 2-outlet unit will be $2995-- all US pricing. I may have a final production-ready unit at Axpona Chicago, but it will be tight in terms of timing so I cannot promise. We are waiting on final cosmetics and packaging. The units are otherwise ready to go.

Best regards,

Grant

Thanks for the update. Will be attending Axpona and hope the new stuff is able to make the trip :)

boylermaker

Mar 29, 2016
Hi Jerry,

Best regards,

Grant

Grant,

Thanks for all the information regarding this exciting new product that fills the gap nicely in your product line. Could you provide any pictures and pricing on the new "proprietary" 30A cable(s). I assume one is not provided with the purchase of any of the units. Will they be available at the same "May-ish" time frame? Is this the preferred method getting power to the unit...or is something like a 20A Alpha HC or Sigma HC preferred? Thanks in advance

Jerryb

Dec 4, 2015
Thanks as well

I thank you as well for your response and I am equally interested in your response with regard to the 30A power cord.

Regards

Jerry

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
Hi. The 30A connector presents some challenges in terms of power-cabling because it will require a unique strain-relief mold to match the circular twist-locking connector mechanism. This connector will also (obviously) limit the choice of a connecting power cord to models specifically constructed for this type of connector. The massive level of noise isolation inside Denali models means it will not require a noise-reduction power cord for best performance, though aggregate wire gauge and quality conductors will still matter. My best guess is that the 30A option will be available as an option after release, perhaps this summer as a retro-fit once we have finalized the power cord options (likely there will be two models offered involving our H.C wiring). The greatest benefit of the 30A connection would be for those who have over-rated their system's electrical service.

Thanks, guys. I hope this is of some help.

Grant

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
How does using 30 Amp connectors while keeping both NEC and UL happy, work? Are there 20 Amp circuit breakers downstream of the 30 Amp input?

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
The 30A connector has exceptional contact integrity and a locking mechanism. Those were the attractive features of this design for us. The electromagnetic breakers on all of our power-distributors are set for each country's specific rating. 20A for US, 13A for UK etc. Internally, the high-current outlet is rated at 20A. Source and line component outlets at 15A.

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
That's good to hear. It should make the NEC & UL people happy.
Not like DIYers that put 30 Amp connectors on 15 or 20 Amp cords.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
The 30A connector has exceptional contact integrity and a locking mechanism. Those were the attractive features of this design for us. The electromagnetic breakers on all of our power-distributors are set for each country's specific rating. 20A for US, 13A for UK etc. Internally, the high-current outlet is rated at 20A. Source and line component outlets at 15A.

Even on my humble PS8, the build quality is outstanding.

Jerryb

Dec 4, 2015
Order of magnitude

Even on my humble PS8, the build quality is outstanding.

Hi Grant or Galen

There are a number of us eagerly awaiting the release of the new Denali products to the marketplace. As a happy user of the venom PS8 + venom HC and venom regular power cords as well as venom interconnects and speaker cable, one wonders what "order of magnitude" improvement one should one expect if one were to upgrade to the Denali 6 outlet vertical unit.

With finite funds to spend it is always about for X$$ in spending where can one obtain the most improvement. Thus the question.

Thanks in advance for fielding this question.

Jerry

Jerryb

Dec 4, 2015
Apologies for misspelling Caelin's Name

Hi Grant or Galen

There are a number of us eagerly awaiting the release of the new Denali products to the marketplace. As a happy user of the venom PS8 + venom HC and venom regular power cords as well as venom interconnects and speaker cable, one wonders what "order of magnitude" improvement one should one expect if one were to upgrade to the Denali 6 outlet vertical unit.

With finite funds to spend it is always about for X$$ in spending where can one obtain the most improvement. Thus the question.

Thanks in advance for fielding this question.

Jerry

My apologies for butchering Caelin's name!!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing