Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334

Thread: Shunyata DENALI

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    That product in addition to blocking the DC, has the QR / BB modules?
    It would be branded as a Denali product and would have many of the features of the Denali products but would not have QRBB since they are quite large and the DC blocker circuit consumes most the internal volume.
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

If you want to contact me, send a message to info@shunyata.com

I thought I would report on my demo of these three Conditioners: Shunyata Denali, Audioquest Niagara 5000, Richard Gray Power 1200c.

It's pretty interesting how different they are. These are just my impressions and in my system with very sensitive, highly dynamic
    Avantgarde Duo Grosso Horn speakers. Of course, YMMV!

I found the Shunyata Denali has a warmer laid back character.
    For me, too laid back compared the AQ and Richard Gray.

The Audioquest 5000 has the AQ "House Sound." That is, resolved but smooth,
    refined and almost delicate. Interestingly, the AQ's are the only one of the two
    that showed a lowering of line noise as measured by my Alpha labs EMI meter.
    (This meter is simple and a bit crude, but does measure wide band ac line noise.)

The Richard Gray, which I'm just beggining to demo is more dynamic than the other two (independent of the dedicated line). In fact it sounds downright Powerful-- power to spare and transmitting excellent
    realistic timbre.

This lesser known conditioner, the Richard Gray Power 1200c works with a different tech than the Denali
    or AQ. It uses two large 6000 watt parallel chokes which, as explained to me, means the output is from the
    power cord with -60db of parallel impedance filtering applied across the load.

With my 30 watt/channel Master Sound 845 tube amp there is a sense of easy power I've never heard before. This
    tech reportedly allows tubes amps to burn cooler and last longer. I can verify that the main transformer on this amp which is usually
    about hot enough to fry an egg, is now only mildly toasty.

This is all pretty surprising given the Audiophile street cred of the Shunyata's and AQ's. The RG's have been
    around for over 17 years and have a following mostly with the AV market. I would not have even
    seen them on my radar without the recommendation from Alan Maher Designs.
    http://www.richardgrayspowercompany.com

It's too early but I'm leaning to the RG, but will definitely give the AQ another whirl after the RG's
    have a couple of more days of break in. And to be fair, I haven't listened to the Shunyata or AQ with amp to dedicated line which I
    suspect is making a significant impact.

I'll be very interested to hear the AQ with the amp plugged into the dedicated line.
    Source: Roon via Mac Pro Server and Lumin S1. Amp: Mastersound Compact 845 w/ Elrog power tubes. Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Grossos, JL Audio e112 subs. Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, High Fidelity Cables for speaker and interconnects. Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Noise filtration from Alan Maher Designs. Room Treatment from Vicoustic.

Quote Originally Posted by wil View Post
    Interestingly, the AQ's are the only one of the two
    that showed a lowering of line noise as measured by my Alpha labs EMI meter.
    (This meter is simple and a bit crude, but does measure wide band ac line noise.)
    Interesting, @CGabriel want to comment on this?
    Roon Rock->Auralic Aries G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

I have an AQ Niagara 5000 and it has improved my SQ noticeably. A small improvement with my Diablo plugged into it. A slightly bigger improvement with my Lumin plugged into it. A more noticeable difference with my router and NAS plugged into it. Cumulative difference is very noticeable. Alas, I did not compare to other power line conditioners or regenerators.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tone View Post
    Interesting, @CGabriel want to comment on this?
    I don't know enough about the tech to draw any conclusions as to why the RG and Shunyata
    showed no noise reduction (as measured by the Alpha line noise meter) from the baseline 300 mV
    I get in all outlets.

For all I know, it might be meaningless with regards to ultimate sound quality.

But I am curious why it was only the that AQ dropped the mV levels -- from 300 to 14 (measured on
    the AQ) and down to 30 to 80 mV on 4 other outlets on the same wall.

As explained to me they all three have different technologies. Both the AQ and RG
    use chokes: the AQ with several smaller chokes in series and the RG two large ones
    in parallel. Shunyata, I won't pretend to know what they are doing or how
    it is fundamentally different from the other two.

When I listen again to the AQ, with amp direct to wall line, I'll have a better idea
    if it sounds "quieter" than the RG. I suspect it will based on earlier listening, but will it have the
    dynamics I'm getting through the RG?

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    I thought I would report on my demo of these three Conditioners: Shunyata Denali, Audioquest Niagara 5000, Richard Gray Power 1200c.
    If you go up in the Richard Gray line to their Powerhouse unit then you can plug a Denali or Niagra device into that with remarkably synergistic results.
    Preamps: ADA Reference (multichannel); VTL 7.5 II (two channel)
    Digital: MSB Transport+ Platinum V DAC. Core Audio + MicroRendu streaming; Roon+HQP+FabFilter/Acourate; Trinnov (multichannel)
    Speakers: PRO Audio Technology 2115sm across fronts; 4x 18" PRO subs; 11.4 overall
    Room: Design by Dennis Erskine and Keith Yates. Extensive use of RPG custom bass traps
    Power: Richard Gray 20A UPS and isolation transformer. Triton/Typhon and Sound Application. Shunyata Sigma

Quote Originally Posted by Brucemck2 View Post
    If you go up in the Richard Gray line to their Powerhouse unit then you can plug a Denali or Niagra device into that with remarkably synergistic results.
    As I understand, the Power Plant is an Isolation Transformer and
    7200 watt clean power source?

If I were to keep the Niagara, it is already doing a good job cleaning the power for
    my dac and server.

For my dedicated Amplifier line, I was advised to get a 20 or 25amp LoNo medical grade iso transformer from Plintus with a center shield to take care of it's line noise. About $750.

The Power Plant looks like a pretty awesome piece of gear, though!

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    As I understand, the Power Plant is an Isolation Transformer and
    7200 watt clean power source?

If I were to keep the Niagara, it is already doing a good job cleaning the power for
    my dac and server.

For my dedicated Amplifier line, I was advised to get a 20 or 25amp LoNo medical grade iso transformer from Plintus with a center shield to take care of it's line noise. About $750.

The Power Plant looks like a pretty awesome piece of gear, though!
    Niagra (I think) or Denali can also go into a LoNo chain. They’re complementary. Triton/Typhon absolutely works.
    Preamps: ADA Reference (multichannel); VTL 7.5 II (two channel)
    Digital: MSB Transport+ Platinum V DAC. Core Audio + MicroRendu streaming; Roon+HQP+FabFilter/Acourate; Trinnov (multichannel)
    Speakers: PRO Audio Technology 2115sm across fronts; 4x 18" PRO subs; 11.4 overall
    Room: Design by Dennis Erskine and Keith Yates. Extensive use of RPG custom bass traps
    Power: Richard Gray 20A UPS and isolation transformer. Triton/Typhon and Sound Application. Shunyata Sigma

I continue to be impressed by the Denali. Now added again to my headphone rig, it definitely has lowered noise floor materially and bass is now more present. I notice this effect with a variety of both DACs and headphone amps. It seems consistent across a wide array of IEMs and full size cans.
    Writer, Part-Time Audiophile

Tape Revox A77 Mark III
    Digital PS Audio Memory Player and DirectStream DAC
    Analog VPI Scoutmaster, Paua II, Audio Research Ref Phono 2
    Amplification Audio Research Ref 5SE & Audio Research VT100 with KT120s/Mundorf EVO
    Speakers Wilson Alexia 2
    Cables Synergistic Research Galileo and Atmosphere UEF Level 4, Furutech Silver Arrow II phono
    Power Conditioning Synergistic PowerCell 12 UEF SE, Shunyata Denali
    Recording AKG 414 BULS mics, Sound Devices 722

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334