Shunyata DENALI

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Have not heard any details...only have read that Shunyata was announcing new products at CES.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015
I believe DENALI is the Cyclops replacement. Retail price is $3K. I don't have any other deets.

Mordecai

Jul 18, 2014
There's going to be a 2-outlet Cyclops replacement, but also two 6-outlet variants. One will be a vertical mount for placement behind the rack.

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
There's going to be a 2-outlet Cyclops replacement, but also two 6-outlet variants. One will be a vertical mount for placement behind the rack.

There will be two Vertical mount units (2 outlet and 6 outlet), both with integrated 40 pound stands for placement beside or behind a rack. Both these units will have a proprietary 30A connection. There will also be a 20A shelf mount unit for those who prefer shelf placement.

We will have a more formal announcement later this week or next week, but that is roughly accurate. The Hydra Denali models are based on the new filtering technologies Caelin recently developed for the Medical and Science industries. They will also include technology derived from the Triton v2 and Typhon units. The Denali products will all be priced below $5000.

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
Has the formal announcement out?

Likely, we won't make a formal announcement with photo's and web content until just prior to production units being ready to ship. My educated guess assuming there are no delays with metal work, would be sometime in early April.

Best regards,

Grant
Shunyata Research

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Likely, we won't make a formal announcement with photo's and web content until just prior to production units being ready to ship. My educated guess assuming there are no delays with metal work, would be sometime in early April.

Best regards,

Grant
Shunyata Research

Thanks for the info, Grant.

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015
Hi Grant,
What's the purpose of a new, proprietary 30A connection?

crion

Oct 29, 2014
Hi Grant,

Do these Denali's have CGS terminals? Or does the Denali not use a NIC for the neutral (I assume this is where a CGS terminal is connected)?

The shelf mount is in 2 outlet or 6 outlet version and how big? Talos size? or something completely new?

If I have a stack of switch, router, 3 PSU's and a NAS and I want to have a quad CGS terminal, the only option right now is a Triton v2?

How is the inter-outlet filtering on Denali? Similar to Triton v2? more advanced or less?

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015
I've been told that the shelf version is the size of the DPC-6 V2.

crion

Oct 29, 2014
Any news wether Denali has CGS terminals for chassi grounding?

Several of us have experienced SQ improvement from using CGS terminal with equipment also connected via shunyata sigma power cables to the power conditioner.

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
My apologies for missing these questions. I've been traveling overseas and the thread must have fallen behind another upon my return. I'll start at the top and try to answer your questions without missing any.

The 30A connection has superior contact integrity and measured through-put of peak current than any other connector we have tested. Its simply an amazing connector, closest to having none at all. We will make this an option to the 20A connector for those that want it (I would). The 30A connector will limit the choice of power cords because of the unique connection. That said, the noise reduction on the medical-grade filter circuits make using one of our NR power cords going to the wall, such as a Sigma or Alpha a moot point. They won't be needed, only a cord with adequate gauge to the purpose. We will likely offer two levels of power cord for the 30A connector units. Again, its only an option, so people who already have a 20A cord can go that route, alternatively. The NR power cords will still represent a benefit to all electronics.

Yes, each Denali unit will have a ground terminal for external ground connection. Ground connections can be sacked on the terminal if there is more than one

The 6 outlet shelf mount unit is similar in size to the Talos. It's dimensions are: 17.25" wide, 4.5" high and 11.75" deep including the cable cradles. The two outlet unit is in a vertical, tower form

The inter-outlet filtering on the 6 outlet Denali units are by far the quietest Caelin has ever designed; likely better than anything currently on the market. However, these outlets will not have the same vanishingly low peak-current signature as the Triton v2. Each outlet is still 20 amp capable, yet isolation from generated noise is virtually total-- as the results demonstrated from similar prototypes in the medical field.

On the Denali 6 outlet tower and the shelf mount units, there is one duplex outlet that contains some of the Typhon internals that enhance amplifier performance, as do the two-outlet towers that are ideal for amps and other remote, high-current components.

We are not claiming these 6 outlet units are superior to the top models we produce, but their noise measurements, form factor and pricing are extremely unique. I've done prototype comparisons with other top units and know people will be surprised at the performance, external form and build quality. A great deal of Caelin's energy has gone into their preparation and design. We are probably 5-6 weeks out yet on full production.

Following are a few informal photo's of prototype development with the tower units on their 40lb. bases. There will still be some minor changes but you can see the form-factor development.

Regards,

Grant Samuelsen
Shunyata Research

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 4,481
Last edited:

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
Following is a rear photo, showing the cable-cradles that prevent gravity from pulling on power cords configured in a vertical form. The 6 outlet shelf unit 2 outlet units and have these as well. The vertical format and massive, incorporated base allows the vertical units to be placed almost anywhere, whether beside or behind racks or into the room, on carpets, tile or wood. These elements also further stabilize performance in any system because the reactive measurement is minimal, meaning they will perform consistency across systems. They will also have the same limited lifetime warranty many of our other power and signal products have. I'll post a typical application pic after this.

Best regards,

Grant
IMG_0325.JPG

Last edited:

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
Here is a typical placement, however these vertical units can go anywhere and because of the form and customized base, they have no need for racks or external bases.

Regards,

Grant
Shunyata Research

IMG_0320.JPG

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
Can you confirm the intend usage of DEANLI? Is it more for power amps? Can it be used front end?

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
Denali 6 outlet models are intended for an entire system. As I described, there are source and line-component outlets (4) and (2) high-current outlets that improve the performance of any type of amplifier. Source an line component outlets utilize the new filters we designed for the medical industry. The HC outlets have Typhon technology. The Denali 6 outlet units are for complete systems using a central outlet or single dedicated line. For those with multiple dedicated lines, the Denali 2000 (2 outlet models) accommodate and improve amps/projectors etc. that use those additional lines.

JimmyS

Sep 1, 2013
Chicago, IL
Following is a rear photo, showing the cable-cradles that prevent gravity from pulling on power cords configured in a vertical form. The 6 outlet shelf unit 2 outlet units and have these as well. The vertical format and massive, incorporated base allows the vertical units to be placed almost anywhere, whether beside or behind racks or into the room, on carpets, tile or wood. These elements also further stabilize performance in any system because the reactive measurement is minimal, meaning they will perform consistency across systems. They will also have the same limited lifetime warranty many of our other power and signal products have. I'll post a typical application pic after this.

Best regards,

Grant

Hi Grant,

Are the cradles removable? Reason I ask is that my turntable has a wall-wart type plug and it looks like it may be a bit tight getting the it plugged in with the 5 other Shunyata cables I have.

Thanks,
Jimmy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing